The Legal Aid Society of Nassau County (NCLAS) is seeking to hire a Senior Staff Attorney for our Family Court Bureau. This is a management position. In addition to engaging in direct representation of clients in the Family Court, the Senior Staff Attorney will assist the Family Court Bureau Chief and Deputy Bureau Chief in the training and development of attorneys in the Bureau.
PLEASE SUBMIT A WRITING SAMPLE AND 3 REFERENCES IN ADDITION TO RESUME
- Engage in the direct representation of clients in Nassau Family Court from intake through the life of the case.
- Prepare for and litigate hearings and trials in Family Court, including emergency hearings and other evidentiary hearings.
- Daily supervision of Family Court attorney staff.
- Assist with attorney training and career development.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience handling neglect, termination and other matters pending in Family Court
- A strong interest in working directly with clients impacted by the family regulation system.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple cases, and meet deadlines on short notice.
- Prior training and supervisory experience a plus.
- Automobile is a necessary requirement of this position to get to and from court located in Westbury, New York.