Intuit is a global technology platform that helps consumers and small businesses overcome their most important financial challenges. Serving more than 100 million customers worldwide with TurboTax, Credit Karma, QuickBooks, and Mailchimp, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to prosper. We never stop working to find new, innovative ways to make that possible.
Come join Intuit as a Payments Product Counsel. Working as a member of the Products Legal Team, you will be responsible for partnering with multiple innovative product teams around the world to ensure that Intuit's banking as a service and money movement products are structured to achieve our strategy while complying with applicable regulations in multiple jurisdictions. You will partner closely with product management, business development, engineering, design, marketing, compliance and operations teams.
We believe diversity and inclusion among our teammates produces better results and is critical to our success as a global company. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
- At least five (5) years of experience primarily advising technology companies.
- Significant experience navigating regulations related to financial services, particularly payments laws, including Reg. E, NACHA recurring payment rules, payment facilitator business models.
- Knowledge of MTLs preferred.
- Significant breadth of knowledge in as many of the following areas as possible: data privacy and protection, IP, mobile and cloud computing, competition law, and technology licensing.
- Demonstrated ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- Experience providing legal support on a global scale.
- Ability to communicate with business partners about regulatory obligations and risk management processes.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Ability to produce clear and succinct written legal analysis and business communications, and counsel and manage clients, including senior management.
- Ability to interact with and lead change with senior executive leaders.
- Ability to effectively frame issues to drive strategic thinking and execution.
- Comfortable and adept at balancing risk and opportunity, and thinking creatively to enable the business to make smart decisions.
- You will provide legal advice and counseling on a wide variety of matters, including data privacy and protection, mobile, product liability, IP and regulatory compliance. Many of these matters will be in the FinTech area, including payments, stored value and deposit products. You may structure, draft, negotiate and advise upon various complex transactions with minimal direction and supervision.
- The ideal candidate should have knowledge of regulations in the financial services area, including FCRA, GLBA, and state payments laws.
Intuit provides a competitive compensation package with a strong pay for performance rewards approach. The expected base pay range for this position is CA $194,447 - $263,075. This position will be eligible for a cash bonus, equity rewards and benefits, in accordance with our applicable plans and programs (see more about our compensation and benefits at Intuit®: Careers | Benefits). Pay offered is based on factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and work location. To drive ongoing pay equity for employees, Intuit conducts regular comparisons across categories of ethnicity and gender.