Senior Patent Counsel:
Kenvue is currently recruiting for a Senior Patent Counsel. This position is based in Skillman, NJ. Remote option considered for qualified candidates.
Who We Are
At Kenvue, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies (Kenvue), we believe there is extraordinary power in everyday care. Built on?over a century of heritage and propelled forward by science, our iconic brands—including NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO®, TYLENOL®, LISTERINE®, JOHNSON’S® and BAND-AID® —are category leaders trusted by millions of consumers who use our products to improve their daily lives. ?Our employees share a digital-first mindset, an approach to innovation grounded in deep human insights, and a commitment to continually earning a place for our products in consumers’ hearts and homes.
Join us in shaping our future--and yours.
Watch us here:
What will you do:
The Senior Patent Counsel is responsible for providing a full range of patent support functions, including patent preparation and prosecution, freedom-to-operate studies (e.g., infringement and validity analysis), and client counseling. Draft and negotiate agreements, including license and research collaboration agreements.
- Provide due diligence support for business development activities.
- Gain a solid understanding of the technologies, commercial models, competitive strategies, and patent landscape in the consumer product space, as appropriate, including skin health products, baby products, oral care products, wound care products, and over-the-counter (OTC) products.
- Support US and international litigation.
- Manage relationships with external firms, partners and/or outside counsel.
- Make regular presentations, train and interact with business partners about patents, other intellectual property, contracts, and due diligence matters.
- Work closely and strategically with business teams.
- Work collaboratively with patent and cross-functional legal team members to deliver holistic legal advice to the business.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $137,000 - $235,750
What we are looking for
- An undergraduate or advanced degree in:
- medical sciences, chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, bioengineering, pharmaceutical sciences, biotechnology; or
- computer sciences, computer engineering, digital health, electrical, mechanical, or electromechanical engineering with relevant experience in the life sciences or consumer products industry
- A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school, admitted to the USPTO and licensed to practice and in good standing in at least one state or the District of Columbia
- A minimum of five (5) years of law firm and/or corporate law department experience
- Patent preparation and prosecution experience
- Conducting patentability and non-infringement studies and rendering opinions
- The ability to articulate and positively engage clients and internal partners
- The ability to give well-organized and thoughtful presentations to upper management
- A positive attitude, high emotional intelligence, and the ability to work in a highly matrixed but rewarding business environment
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time both domestically and internationally
- Experience with digital health technology (e.g., software, big data, data analytics, artificial intelligence, and/or mobile device health applications) is strongly preferred
- Experience in due diligence activities, license/agreement drafting, and contract negotiation
- Background in consumer skin health, oral health, OTC products, and/or digital applications
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Benefit Package
- Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Employee Resource Groups
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Kenvue is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.? All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Primary Location NA-US-New Jersey-Skillman
Other Locations NA-US-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington
Organization JNTL Consumer Health LLC
Job Function Patents