Description:Important EEO information related to opening in the US
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Click on the links to read "The EEO is the Law" poster (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and the “EEO is the Law” poster Supplement (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf).
We will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here (https://www.dol.gov/).
Solvay is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow's megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
We are looking for:
- An experienced and highly qualified Patent Counsel to join our team.
We count on you for:
- Partnering, challenging, and counseling technical and business stakeholders on opportunities to protect technology advances and address competitive IP scenarios, threats, and opportunities.
- Delivering patent-related matters that are strategically critical to the assigned business/product line, contributing to the creation of Solvay's competitive advantage in such an area.
- Operating successfully in an agile and cooperative manner, while ensuring successful delivery of key business objectives.
You can count on us for:
- A dynamic and growing organization that values innovation and promotes a collaborative work culture.
- Multinational team of IP professionals.
You will bring:
- A Master's or PhD degree in a scientific chemistry, chemical engineering or material science discipline related to the own domain of responsibility.
- Qualification as a US Patent Attorney.
- 5-10 years of experience as a patent counsel, either from the industry or from private practice.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivation, open-mindedness, structure, collaboration, and team-player mindset.
- Ability to organize a challenging workload and promptly adapt planning when confronted with unforeseen changes.
- Ability to relate easily at all levels within the organization, particularly to those in the Research and Innovation and in Business.
You will get:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- The U.S. base salary range reasonably expected to be paid for this position is $129,744 to $162,180 per year. Since actual compensation packages are based on a variety of factors unique to each candidate we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted base salary range. Total compensation for this role also includes bonus and/or other incentives.
- This positon will be based in Alpharetta, GA
After 50 years, we are going back to the Moon... Solvay Materials are making it possible once again for Humans to return to the Moon. Check here our Artemis missions with NASA: we will land the first woman and first person of color on the Moon.
Solvay's purpose is to bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. We can only fulfill this purpose with a diverse workforce that feels respected and appreciated, and has equal opportunities to work, grow and thrive. Our differences, visible or not, are valued. As Solvay seeks to promote unity and not uniformity, we invite you - regardless of background, age, gender, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, ability or identity - to consider a future with us.