Description:The Environmental Integrity Project (EIP) is accepting applications for a Senior Managing Attorney for the Clean Air Program to join our team working to hold industrial polluters and the government accountable for compliance with the Clean Air Act and other environmental laws. The same industrial sectors responsible for planet-warming greenhouse gas emissions also release large amounts of air pollutants that contribute to smog, lung and heart diseases, and cancer. Working with EIP's Director of Law & Policy, the Senior Managing Attorney will oversee EIP's team of lawyers working to reduce air and climate pollution from industrial sources through litigation and federal and state administrative permitting and rulemaking processes.
Location: Washington, DC, strongly preferred, but other locations considered.
- Work with the Director of Law & Policy to shape and oversee our Clean Air legal advocacy.
- Develop and implement legal strategies to reduce air pollution.
- Directly supervise lawyers and provide oversight on the quality of legal actions.
- Work with internal and external experts to develop the factual, technical, and scientific basis to support EIP's advocacy efforts.
- Represent EIP and other organizations in federal and state litigation and administrative proceedings.
- Represent EIP as a spokesperson in media interviews and other public communications.
- Develop and maintain relationships with funders, and draft grant proposals and reports.
- A law degree and active bar membership in good standing.
- 8+ years of experience practicing law, and strong understanding of Clean Air Act law and policy.
- 3+ years of experience supervising legal staff.
- Excellent leadership, mentorship, supervision, and management skills.
- Excellent analytical, research, writing, facilitator, oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for protecting public health and the environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and external partners.
- Prior experience or demonstrated commitment to working with members of communities directly impacted by pollution.
- Strong work ethic, robust problem-solving skills, and sound judgment.
Salary and benefits:
EIP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. The salary for this position will reflect experience and qualifications.
EIP is an equal opportunity employer, highly values diversity, and strives to create an inclusive workplace culture. As an equal opportunity employer, EIP is committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.