Description:Great opportunity to join the Vela Wood team as a Senior M&A Attorney.
Vela Wood is a boutique corporate law firm with a local feel and a global impact. We focus our practice in the areas of M&A, Venture Transactions, Gaming Law, Private Equity, and Fund Representation.
We provide a full suite of services to our clients, with an emphasis on relationships, not time.
We are currently seeking a Senior M&A Attorney who has at least 6 years of M&A and transactional law firm experience. Key responsibilities will include:
- Ability to lead small M&A deals from end to end.
- Working with Partners and tax counsel on larger M&A deals.
- Managing due diligence matters.
- Managing the internal deal process, including junior resources.
- Direct interaction with - and counsel to - clients.
- Broad corporate practice exposure.
This position can be based in either our Dallas or Austin office, and Texas license is preferred, but our firm is willing to support Texas licensing for the right candidate, if necessary.
Here's why we think you'll love working for Vela Wood:
- Fun team culture, where we care about your interests and the time you spend at work, as well as at home.
- 4 ½ day work week.
- Excellent firm-paid medical/dental vision insurance.
- Matching 401(k) retirement plan.
- Firm-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
- Paid Holidays.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off, as long as billable hour goals are met.
- Generous paid parental leave.
- Work-remote opportunities – including firm-subsidized work-abroad opportunities in Portugal and Spain, just in the last two years!
- Firm covered CLE and licensing fees.
- Reduced hours targets.
- Aggressive bonus structure.
- Direct client interactions.
- Support for business development activities.
- Inspiring and approachable leadership team.