Description:We need you to help us reach our Big Hairy Audacious Goal! By building really smart software we enable insurers worldwide to automatically detect insurance fraud and identify high risks. Our ultimate dream is that in 2025 the FRISS Score is the global trusted standard for honest insurance. FRISS is growing in business and so is the team. Owing to this expansion, we are looking for a motivated legal counsel to join our growing Legal and Compliance Team. Do you have knowledge and experience in the legal field, preferably in (SaaS) IT, and Privacy and Legislation? Do you want to grow in an international environment by contributing to our growth with your feet in the mud and really have a direct impact on the business?
Your mission as a Senior Legal Counsel
You will contribute to the growth of FRISS by helping us be compliant with applicable laws and regulations, and being able to take risks in a responsible manner when contracting with clients and suppliers.
If you look back after one year at FRISS, what did you achieve?
With your knowledge and experience, you make an important contribution to the growth of our business. You are part of a growing team with amazing colleagues and contribute to clear frameworks when it comes to the conclusion of new contracts. Within FRISS you are known as the one to go to when it comes to legal issues. Of course, you also speak to our customers. You are able to optimize the (sales) workflow in which you strive for standardization. This means, among other things:
- Creating clear workflows and frameworks that enable us to continue to professionalize.
- Acting as an advisor so that those involved can make the right choices with all the information (from contract management to documenting processes).
- Supporting sales in entering into contracts in the final stage (sometimes at the beginning) of the sales cycle in North and South America.
You and your FRISS team
For some time now, we have been working hard to win over the largest insurance companies in the world. This sales process requires clear direction and insights. Together with our Legal and Compliance Team, you are in the lead when it comes to the legal AND commercial aspects involved. You advise and guide this process with the aim of making this insurer our customer, so that we are one step further in our fight against fraud. You will report to the General Counsel and work together with our Finance and (Pre)Sales team. The lines of communication are short and the ambitions are big, which means that you have to take a clear role in our sales and corporate processes.
Who are you?
- You possess a J.D. degree/ LL.M and are a qualified member of a Bar (any US jurisdiction).
- You have minimum 5 years of experience working as an in-house counsel at a software/tech company.
- You have a strong understanding of commercial contracts – drafting, reviewing and negotiating different types of contracts along with providing sound legal advice on internal matters.
- You have experience taking care of corporate governance and insurance matters.
- Understanding of privacy laws and interest in emerging legal and technology areas.
- You have strong communication skills: impeccable written and spoken English & Spanish.
- Ability to work independently with problem solving abilities and strong business instincts.
- You have a sense of humor.