Description:Ceridian is a global leader in Human Capital Management technology. Simply put, we allow our customers to do the most complex things well (HR, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Workforce Management and Talent Management) and do them to scale.
Makes Work Life Better™ is our brand promise, not only to our customers, but to our employees as well. Our flagship platform, Dayforce, helps leaders make smart decisions based on data, strategy and intelligence that create value and maximize productivity.
How Do We Make Work Life Better?
- By delivering an award-winning product, conceptualized and developed by award-winning leaders, that result in award-winning customer employee experiences
- By hiring highly innovative, diverse talent that fully embraces and embodies our core values in everything they do: Customer Focus, Equity, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Optimism
- By using modern technology, such as voice-activation with Dayforce Assistant and access to your money as soon as you earn it with Dayforce Wallet to stay in rhythm with the evolving demands of our 4 million global users
We understand that no matter where you are, choosing a new employer is always one of life's most stressful events. We encourage you to check us out at Ceridian.com to learn more about how we are impacting the world of work for our customers, employees and you!
Location: For this role we are open to remote work located within the United States.
About the Opportunity:
Reporting into the Commercial Legal Team, the Senior Legal Counsel (Commercial) role will work collaboratively with internal stakeholders from Ceridian's Legal department and various functional areas in the business, in the preparation, review and negotiation of customer contracts and other legal matters as assigned. This role will be an important member on the Commercial Legal team and contribute to the overall strategy and culture of the global team.
What You'll Get to Do
- Prepare, review, and negotiate a variety of legal contracts and agreements;
- Provide advice daily on a variety of complex legal issues related to, but not limited to, commercial, data security, intellectual property, licensing, litigation, mergers & acquisitions, and real estate;
- Educate business stakeholders on contract forms, best practices, and commercial and legal risks as part of the contract review process;
- Supports Sales and other internal stakeholder teams in an effort to achieve overall Ceridian corporate goals while managing risk and driving best practices; and
- Perform other related duties as needed
What's in It for You
- Encouragement to be the best version of yourself at and away from work:
- YOUnity diversity and inclusion programs
- Amazing time away from work programs
- Support for your total well-being through our Live Well, Work Well programs targeting all aspects of your life
- Recognition for your contributions through excellent pay, perks, and rewards
- Giving where you're living: volunteer days, Ceridian sponsored events, and our very own charity, Ceridian Cares
- Opportunities to fuel your career growth through numerous internal and external programs and events
Skills and Experience We Value
- Juris Doctorate with at least 7 years' experience in either a large global in-house legal department or law firm;
- Excellent business acumen and analytical skills, with the ability to assess risk and provide practical recommendations in a timely manner;
- Experience maintaining effective relationships with leadership, colleagues, internal stakeholders, customers and vendors in a “remote” structure;
- Possess workflow prioritization skills, with the ability to work independently and as a member of a global team, in a fast-paced business environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including framing factual and legal issues in writing for a legal opinion and making recommendations for action;
- Able to respond swiftly and adapt to shifting priorities; and
- Acute attention to detail.
What Would Make You Really Stand Out
- Substantive experience negotiating and drafting complex commercial contracts including Software as a Service (SaaS) and cloud-based agreements, Master Services Agreements (MSA), Statements of Work (SOW), consulting agreements, partnership and channel program agreements, Data Processing Agreements (DPA) and other software and technology license agreements;
- Experience working with and supporting global enterprise level sales teams and customers with changing priorities and time-sensitive deadlines
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Beware of fraudulent recruiting activity! If you are contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter or other Ceridian employee, you will be provided with an @ceridian.com email. If you are contacted by someone who uses any other email domain, despite their use of our company logo or company name in their social media handle/profile, the contact could be fraudulent. Please also note, Ceridian will not request or send money and/or a check at any time during the recruiting or hiring process, ask you to order any equipment or supplies, or ask for any sensitive personal data, such as National ID numbers, via email or phone. Sensitive personal data is only collected post-hire, via new hire forms directly in Dayforce. If you have been asked for any of the above, or believe you have been contacted by someone posing as a Ceridian employee, please refer to our fraudulent recruiting statement found here: https://www.ceridian.com/company/corporate/be-aware-recruiting-fraud.