Description:Provides legal counsel and advice to the corporation and its subsidiaries Ensures their effective operation in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Provides strategic counsel and advice to senior/executive management on current and emerging market trends, practices, opportunities and risks within area of expertise, in order to influence optimal business decisions. Leads high impact projects and initiatives. Is future oriented and drives strategic planning. Influences and supports cross-functional project teams in order to achieve optimal results for the business.
- Sources data and information from internal or external subject matter experts as required. Determines the need for research as well as methods and procedures to be used. Conducts systematic in-depth research and analysis into issues of varying complexity within area of business priority or opportunity. Initiates, defines and leads the development and communication of effective reports to key stakeholders, including executive/senior management.
- Develops and maintains broad and in-depth knowledge of relevant Company standards, external requirements (including global or regional regulations), and current/emerging market trends and best practices within area of expertise. Provides strategic advice on complex or unique issues. Develops new or innovative solutions to diverse, high impact, complex problems. Conducts detailed analysis and wider research, interprets complex information and generates recommendations to support strategic, regional, divisional or corporate goals. Develops initiatives, proposals and business cases within area of expertise. Acts as subject matter expert and shares knowledge with peers and management.
- Develops strategies that are optimally aligned with regional, divisional and corporate goals. Creates value for our customers and shareholders through due diligence of business cases (which may include mergers and acquisitions, expansions and large-scale investments). Collaborates with and presents recommendations to stakeholders including international, regional and corporate senior executives, as appropriate. Leads/contributes to projects that drive the implementation of strategic objectives.
- Proactively identifies and analyses business issues, opportunities and constraints. Evaluates and presents recommendations and actions, driving management decisions in high impacting cost or revenue/yield management areas. Leads and/or contributes to the implementation to ensure results are realized.
- Leads high impact, regional, divisional and corporate level projects and initiatives. Manages cross-functional project teams and involves internal and external subject matter experts as required. Secures commitment of senior/executive management to project goals. Completes post-implementation review to identify lessons learned and recommend corrective actions.
- Develops processes and metrics to ensure optimal team performance. Develops and communicates tools and processes for use by the wider business within area of expertise. Recommends improvements to processes as required. Develops, communicates, and enforces department policies and procedures.
- Identifies initiates and drives goal setting and planning activities. Coordinates cross functionally and across regions and divisions as appropriate to validate, negotiate, consolidate and communicate goals. Develops and presents business plan for region(s) or division to senior/executive management. Critically reviews business cases/plans across regions and divisions and identifies opportunities and cross-project dependencies. Advises senior/executive team of trends/changes and developments within area of expertise, along with recommended actions.
- Ensures ongoing compliance with defined Company processes and procedures, relevant legislation and external regulations, and predefined agreements. Includes review of policies or standards to ensure compliance or design of new policies/ standards if appropriate.
- Builds and develops effective relationships with senior/executive management, in order to influence optimal business outcomes. Acts as a consultant, advising senior/executive management. Maintains external alignments with customers, relevant subject matter experts or external bodies as required. Represents Company in external organizations. Initiates, defines and leads the development and communication of effective reports to key stakeholders, including senior/executive management.
Skills: Accuracy & Attention to Detail; Influencing & Persuasion Skills; Analytical Skills; Problem Solving Skills. Excellent research and writing skills. Strong negotiation, human relations and communication skills. Superior English and Spanish communication skills, both verbally and in writing strongly preferred. Portuguese fluency is a plus.
Qualifications: Juris Doctorate or equivalent degree from an accredited law school and Admission To The Bar. The Florida Bar, while helpful, is not required if the candidate meets the Florida Bar criteria established for “Authorized House Counsel”.
Experience: Ten to Fifteen (10-15) years of experience and demonstrated competency in relevant area of law specialization. Specific experience working with Latin America and Caribbean jurisdictions strongly preferred. Superior academic record.
Advisor: Involves providing unique, high impact, technical or expert advice to directors or officers within a region or internationally.
Vendor Responsibilities Works Alongside Vendors.
Forward Planning Responsibility Plans and Organizes Own Work On Weekly / Monthly Basis.
Process Responsibility Develops departmental / functional policies, procedures or strategies.
Internal Contacts Regular interaction with First Line Management Regular interaction with Senior Management Regular interaction with Directors Regular interaction with Officers (VP and above).
External Contacts Limited interaction with External Customers Occasional interaction with Suppliers and Vendors Regular interaction with Consultants Occasional interaction with Government agencies/ authorities, Trade Associations or similar Occasional interaction with Works' Councils, Unions and Official Employees Groups.
Other Duties May be required to perform other duties as assigned