Assist in-house General Counsel with legal research and providing legal advice to the company.
- Responsible for managing complex legal projects.
- Act as company representative to outside Counsel to ensure alignment with company objectives.
- Conduct legal research.
- Provide legal consultation and assistance to division leadership staff. Negotiate legal issues within defined parameters.
- Provide assistance in the merger and acquisition processes.
- Assist with compliance issues in new business growth areas.
- Support corporate compliance risk assessment. Advise divisions on legal issues and risk mitigation strategies related to contracts.
- Assist with developing and coordinating compliance training opportunities with internal teams.
- Provide supervision and guidance to professional and support staff. Assure staffing requirements are met.
- Encourage team member growth and development.
- Administer annual team member performance reviews, goal setting, and participate in salary planning.
- Maintain records on direct reports in relation to attendance and performance.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area. Follow established safety and ergonomic standards.
- May be called upon to perform comparable duties of a similar or related nature and/or assist in other areas as needed.
- Learning, understanding, continuously improving, and promoting the company's quality management system and controls.
- Graduate of an accredited law school. Strong academic credentials.
- 5+ years experience in corporate legal department is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing other attorneys and supervising support staff.
- Experience in directing strategy and managing IP cases.
- Familiarity of Sarbanes-Oxley and legislation is necessary.
- Licensed to practice law in South Dakota or other jurisdiction.
- Ability to work with highly confidential information and documentation with discretion.
- Excellent research abilities. Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to find answers and resolve potential issues in a timely manner.
- Project and team leadership skills and experience.
- Exceptional oral and written communications, and customer service skills.
- Strong proficiency with a computer, including Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to be flexible and multitask.
- Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
- Limited travel is required.
- Annual Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check required. Refer to Raven Vehicle Operations Policy CS-13 for guidelines.