Description:We are looking for an accomplished, practical, and well-rounded Senior Legal Counsel to serve as the primary legal partner responsible for supporting transactions for multiple business groups within EA including: (i) the core services and technology group that provides common capabilities across existing and emerging gaming platforms, information technology, EA's security team, and PC hardware partnerships; (ii) the worldwide customer experience group, which provides 24-7 support to EA's customers; and (iii) EA's external development team. You will also support cross-game and franchise technology licenses and provide backup support for other technology transactions as needed.
You will report to the Senior Counsel, Commercial Counsel Lead and can be based in our EA offices located at Los Angeles, CA; Seattle, WA; Vancouver, BC; or Toronto, ON. We are flexible as to which EA office you work from, and we will consider fully remote for the right candidate.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
- You will draft and negotiate a wide range of complex domestic and international technology agreements, including inbound and outbound software licenses, SaaS agreements, complex professional services agreements, data protection agreements, and content development agreements.
- You will work with legal colleagues to develop and maintain policies, contract templates, training, and guidelines to ensure legal compliance and operational efficiency.
- You will provide legal advice on a wide range of legal matters in technology development, licensing, and customer service.
- You will develop creative solutions to support business needs and objectives while mitigating risk.
- B.A/B.S., J.D. degrees and State Bar membership with 7+ years of experience with a law firm providing services for technology clients, relevant in-house experience with companies in the technology industry, or both.
- Experience with the negotiation and preparation of a wide range of sophisticated commercial and technology agreements.
- Experience with data protection and data security agreements.
- Work with cross-functional business and legal teams.
- You establish strong working relationships with business owners.
- You have worked independently to manage entire contract process from initial contact, negotiation, execution.
- You have experience handling a high volume of work with minimal supervision, with the ability to multi-task, assess business and legal risk in a focused and efficient manner, and prioritize workload efficiently and effectively.
- As part of our hiring process, we may ask candidates to answer written questionnaires, demonstrate the ability to spot relevant issues, or provide writing samples.