Morrison Foerster LLP, an Am Law 50 law firm with 18 offices worldwide, has an opening for a Senior In-House Business Contracts Attorney in our Denver, Los Angeles Austin or Washington, D.C. office.
It's an exciting time to join our fast-paced Procurement & Contracts Team!
- Manage the Firm’s in-house contracts team, providing leadership and strategic oversight to ensure that the activities are aligned with the objectives of the broader Procurement & Contracts function and the overall Firm.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the business and legal challenges facing the Firm and develop and execute strategies to address the challenges.
- Draft, edit, and review business vendor and service provider contracts for the Firm.
- Lead contact negotiation processes and build strong collaborative relationships internally and externally to drive strong, time-sensitive results.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen in negotiations and applied legal expertise, with emphasis on technology, purchase, and sale transactions.
- Lead a wide range of legal projects for the Firm and its business units.
- Ensure client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas of position.
- JD required.
- Must be admitted to the Bar, and in good standing, in the state in which you will work.
- Eight or more years of contracts, negotiation, or equivalent experience in a large law firm or corporation. Specific experience in drafting technology, purchase, sale, software license, content license, outsourcing, marketing, professional service, real estate leases, general contractor, and architectural agreements.
- Advanced knowledge of key laws, processes, and industry practices applicable to business contracts and leases.
- Ability to analyze needs and to determine priorities based on business objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to exchange information and to present ideas, report facts and other information clearly and concisely.
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively.
- Advanced analytical and information gathering skills; ability to evaluate and prioritize extensive, detailed data.
Who We Are
At Morrison Foerster, our culture is defined by our deeds. We’re passionate about what we do. We’re equally passionate about how we do it. We resist hierarchies and operate within a model of respect — for our colleagues, their ideas, and the differences that make us stronger. We encourage you to learn more about who we are (http://www.mofo.com/about/#c), and what we do (http://www.mofo.com/practices/).
Should you find you’re ready to do the best work of your life, we encourage you to let us know!
Where required by law, salary ranges are stated below. Additional compensation may include a discretionary bonus, overtime as applicable, health/welfare benefits, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and PTO. The range displayed is specifically for positions performed in those cities/states and may vary based on factors including but not limited to the following: local market data and ranges; an applicant's skills and prior relevant experience; and certain degrees, licensing, and certifications.
Denver, CO salary range: $169,650k to $204,450k
Los Angeles, CA salary range: $181,350Kto $218,500k