We're Growing - With Growth Comes Opportunity!
About Cutera: Cutera is a leading global aesthetics device company with a comprehensive product portfolio and a global distribution footprint. We are a fast-paced, high-tech medical device company looking for the right person to help grow our business and reap the rewards of doing it! We hire the best people and provide them the best comp and benefits to help improve their lives. Read more at www.cutera.com
The Company's technology enables physicians to provide advanced solutions for a broad range of medical aesthetic applications including improving the skin's appearance through the treatment of superficial benign vascular and pigmented lesions, unwanted hair removal, improvement in skin laxity and wrinkles, and body contouring and sculpting.
Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer, the Executive Director/Vice President and Associate General Counsel will be the primary resource responsible for handling a broad range of commercial contracts with a focus on sales, go-to-market, and supplier initiatives. The position would also provide legal advice regarding foreign entity management, support to product, engineering and marketing teams on legal issues relating to product compliance throughout the product lifecycle, which may include marketing materials utilized for product promotion as well as dispute and litigation management. Responsiveness, communication skills, exceptional judgment, and a practical, business-minded approach are critical skills in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This key role works globally, partnering with leaders to provide practical and sound legal advice:
- Be an engaged and trusted business partner, that communicates timely business focused advice to leaders by identifying potential legal issues and mitigating risk
- Review, draft and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including sales, go-to-market, marketing, strategic partnership, vendor, and supplier deals
- Effectively collaborate across multiple cross-functional teams (including building enduring relationships with members of those teams) to resolve issues and incorporate input and recommendations into contracts and related documentation
- Provide practical daily legal advice on a range of product issues impacted by active or threatened litigation matters
- Drive good business results by handling and resolving pre-litigation escalations.
- Prepare and improve template agreements and playbooks to efficiently meet business objectives in a risk-balanced manner, focusing on clarity, practicality, and plain-English drafting Provide quick, concise, and practical legal advice consistent with Cutera's business objectives
- Recommend, develop, and implement training to address compliance, commercial, and other needs
- Proactive identification and mitigation of legal and commercial risks relating to new and existing products
- Develop scaled strategies for addressing risk in business-centric ways and build commercial processes that allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- 10+ years of experience as a practicing attorney In-house experience is also preferred.
- Extensive legal and commercial experience
- Member in good standing of State Bar in California (or a registered in-house attorney with the State Bar of California), preferred, but must have ability to qualify for MJP if not
- Exemplary oral and written communication
- Strong interpersonal/relationship-building skills, including the ability to communicate legal considerations to non-lawyers
- Strong listener who is highly responsive and has a service-oriented attitude
- Ability to provide advice, training and engage all levels of the organization
- Attention to detail, strong analytical and organizational skills
- Good business judgment and sound decision-making
- Independent, self-starter who can work in a face paced environment
- Strong core business values, focus on teamwork and engagement
- Ability to prioritize and manage business expectations in a high-volume environment
- Strong organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform and thrive in a rapidly changing, fast paced environment
- Flexibility and creativity, with the initiative to work through multiple solutions to issues and proactively and reliably drive projects forward
Cutera expects to reasonably pay in the range listed below for this position based on the city and state listed in the job posting:
Annual base salary: $275K - $300K
The actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, education, and candidate residence if the position is remote or field-based. We reserve the option to pay above this range for the exemplary experience or higher education.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you are ready to become part of our spectacular, growing, and FUN company, then apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Applicants responding to this posting must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. Competitive salary, benefits, ESPP and stock options. Cutera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.