Description:Job Description Summary:
The Senior Counsel, Securities and Governance, will join a newly forming team at GE Healthcare whose mission is to oversee and coordinate U.S. and global securities law compliance as well as board of directors, shareholder and other corporate governance matters; provide legal support for corporate finance functions including treasury; and oversee other corporate transactions and matters. The team will work closely with a variety of internal partners and groups within the Global Legal & Policy team as well as within other functions across the business including controllership/accounting, treasury, tax, financial planning and analysis, strategy, investor relations, human resources and communications, as well as the board of directors.
At GE Healthcare our passionate people are creating the products, solutions and services our customers need to deliver the best patient care possible.
- Managing legal aspects of SEC periodic reporting and monitoring, including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and Form 8-K reporting, and securities aspects of M&A activity
- Preparing/reviewing Securities Act registration statements
- Counseling top business management and other employees across the business on the federal and state securities laws and disclosure issues and state corporate laws
- Helping to maintain the company's disclosure controls and procedures and internal control over financial reporting
- Coordinating stock exchange listing compliance
- Staying abreast of emerging trends and developments in corporate and securities law and governance, and coordinating internal and external resources to provide education and training
- Assisting with sustainability matters and engagement activities, including formal and informal reporting on the Company's narratives, progress and results across relevant environmental, social and governance (ESG) topic areas
- Helping prepare the company's annual proxy statement and for its annual meeting of shareholders
- Assisting with shareholder engagement, including investor outreach related to corporate governance practices, and assessing and advising on related policies and practices
- Assisting with preparation for board of directors' meetings, including meeting agendas, materials and minutes
- 6 + years of practice, preferably at a law firm and/or in-house at another public company.
- Demonstrated knowledge and command of and significant relevant experience with securities law and governance issues.
- Ability to work within a complex and fast-moving environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior management
- Maintains confidentiality of information, exercises appropriate discretion and uses information appropriately
- Adherence to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and interactions with others in alignment with organizational goals and values
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and treats others with respect
- Willingness to engage dynamically in building a new team that aligns effectively to support its business partners
- Adaptable, flexible and open to change in response to new information and different or unexpected circumstances, with ability to work in ambiguous situations
- Develops positive relationships and leads through influence with internal partners, builds consensus and prioritizes action and results
- Licensed in good standing to practice law in the State of Illinois or eligibility to gain admission as Illinois House Counsel.