Description:Join Tubi (www.tubi.tv), a division of FOX Technology, a premium streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tubi is an ad-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) service with movies and television shows. With over 40,000 titles from every major Hollywood studio, Tubi gives fans of movies and television shows an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free. Tubi's library has something for every member of our diverse audience, and we're committed to building a workforce that reflects that diversity. We're looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators, and impact-makers looking to help shape the future of streaming. Our services are currently available in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Panama.
About the role:
We are looking to add a Senior Counsel to our growing legal team. You will play a key role in structuring, drafting, and negotiating a variety of agreements in support of our digital ad sales and technology and growth/user acquisition business units, including insertion orders, measurement, targeting, and data use agreements, and other commercial and technology agreements. You will be working with your fellow legal colleagues and many teams across the organization, and will have a direct impact on our service as we continue to grow our user base, increase content view time, and capitalize on the revenue opportunity arising therefrom.
The Tubi Legal Department is fast paced, challenging, collaborative, and strives to be an excellent partner to our fellow Tubies. This is a great growth opportunity for a dynamic lawyer who has a passion for helping scale and shape commercial contracting processes and policies, training fellow Tubies to accomplish the same, and impacting the reach and scale of our product and service.
This position may be located in our San Francisco, Los Angeles, or New York offices, or remotely from any US-based location.
- Draft, negotiate, and review a range of advertising agreements, including insertion orders, sales partnership agreements, custom campaign agreements with advertising agencies, measurement vendor agreements, data use agreements, and other agreements related to the company's ad sales and growth businesses.
- Advise on issues impacting Tubi's ad sales and growth business units related to data use and ownership, in addition to compliance with guidelines related to online behavioral advertising, digital disclosures, native advertising, and compliance with internal company policies and procedures.
- Conduct contract analysis and provide ongoing risk analysis in connection with a variety of matters.
- Build trust and drive strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Assist other legal team members with overflow work in related areas and provide additional client counseling and conduct training as needed.
- 6+ years legal experience at an entertainment, media, advertising, and/or technology company, or at a law firm or a combination thereof, focused on negotiating and drafting ad sales and technology agreements, with familiarity in technology and commercial transactions
- Familiarity with IAB 3.0 (and similar) terms for interactive advertising, as well as the Self-Regulatory principles for Online Behavioral Advertising (OBA)
- Experience with digital ad sales and data use agreements
- An excellent negotiator with strong drafting skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic, creative environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities under time constraints
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance necessary legal protections with practical business needs
- Must be detail-oriented and able to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly.
- JD received from an ABA-accredited U.S. law school
- Admission to the state bar in at least one U.S. state
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is $215,000.00 - $240,000.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY; $207,000.00 - $216,000.00 annually for Colorado. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, a long term incentive plan, various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents.
Colorado and Washington (excluding Seattle, WA)
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is listed annually below. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, long term incentive plan, and various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents.
California, New York City, Westchester County, NY and Seattle, WA$215,000—$240,000 USD
Tubi is a division of Fox Technology, and the majority of all US-employee benefits are covered by FOX Employee Benefits, summarized here. The following distinctions below outline the differences between the Tubi and FOX benefits:
- For US-based non-exempt Tubi employees, the FOX Employee Benefits summary accurately captures the Vacation and Sick Time
- For all US-based employees, Tubi offers 12 paid "Tubi Holidays" in addition to the 11 FOX Corporate Company paid holidays
- For all salaried/exempt employees, in lieu of the FOX Vacation policy, Tubi offers a Flexible Time off Policy to manage all personal matters
- For all full-time, regular employees, in lieu of FOX Paid Parental Leave, Tubi offers a generous Parental Leave Program, which allows parents twelve (12) weeks of paid bonding leave within the first year of the birth, adoption, surrogacy or foster placement of a child. This time is 100% paid through a combination of any applicable state, city, and federal leaves and wage-replacement programs in addition to contributions made by Tubi
- For all full-time, regular employees, Tubi offers a monthly wellness reimbursement
Tubi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.