Description:Pine Gate Renewables is a leading renewable energy company focused on project development and strategic financing of solar and storage projects throughout the United States. The company's Pine Gate Impact initiative contributes to multiple non-profit organizations aimed at improving the environment and local communities. Headquartered in Asheville, NC, Pine Gate Renewables made the Inc. 5000 list in 2021, placing at #37 and named to Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies list in 2021. Pine Gate Renewables works every day to achieve its mission to “Get Solar Done.” For more information, visit pinegaterenewables.com.
Pine Gate Renewables is a leading renewable energy company focused on project development and strategic financings throughout the United States. It currently manages over a gigawatt of operational assets, with more than 10GW in active development and has raised over $3 billion in project capital to date. This attorney position will work actively with colleagues in the operations, legal and compliance teams of Pine Gate Renewables.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as attorney with primary responsibility to support the asset management and operation groups of Pine Gate Renewables.
- Collaborate, opine and advise with commercial colleagues on various types of contracts, including leases, operating agreements, easements, service agreements, purchase orders, work orders, license agreements, financing documents as well as other types of contracts.
- Ensure compliance with the applicable financing agreements and work with the financing group to obtain consents and waivers as necessary to support project operations.
- Ensure quality, clarity, and consistency in all legal documentation across the operating portfolio.
- Support corporate governance and some compliance requests received from the company's internal compliance group.
- On a limited basis, conduct legal research on various topics to create memorandum with recommendations and summarize findings.
- Support claims and potential disputes that may arise with third parties.
- Manage and perform other legal tasks as requested.
- Advise operations team on regulatory compliance including FERC and NERC.
- 6+ years of experience in a law firm or in-house legal department
- Ability to work collaboratively with remote colleagues.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple demanding workstreams simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfort with engaging in commercial discussions and advising decision makers on possible courses of action.
- An entrepreneurial attitude towards development, problem solving and related project support functions.
- Prior experience in renewable energy, development, operations, or finance a plus
Education and Certifications
- US-credentialed law degree
- Active license to practice law in at least one US jurisdiction.
Working Environment and Physical Demand
- Some travel will be required.
- This position will report to the SVP, Deputy General Counsel
Pine Gate Renewables believes in taking care of our employees by offering benefits that support their physical, mental, and financial well-being. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, Paid Time Off, paid holidays, training, and development, giving back to the community, remote work options, dog-friendly offices, and much more. Pine Gate Renewables is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Pine Gate Renewables does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies.