Don't Worry, Be Happy! Here at Aqua Finance, we bring your Career aspirations to life to create a happier YOU!
Focused on finding you a place where you belong, Aqua Finance works with each individual’s strengths to create a career path that serves you and your goals.
Beyond finding you your dream career, we aim to be your favorite employer! We promise:
- You will experience the joy of effective teamwork and caring leaders
- A platform to do amazing things! We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people
- Generous time off to foster a healthy Work/Life Balance – “You can’t do a good job if your job is all you do.” – Katie Thurmes
- A chance to give back to your community through paid volunteer time off and donation opportunities for local non-profit organizations. Giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
- Affordable, easily accessible health insurance coverage, no matter where in the country you are located!
Aqua Finance is looking for a passionate, goal oriented Senior Counsel to be the primary contact for the organization on state and Federal consumer direct and indirect consumer finance legal matters, including state licensing for lending, servicing and collections. This individual must develop strategies to execute on the business’ goals while communicating associated legal and compliance risks
Qualifications of a Successful Senior Counsel:
- Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA approved law school
- At least 6 years’ experience as an attorney advising financial institutions serving consumers
- Licensed by and in good standing with the at least one US state bar licensing authority
- Knowledge and application of federal consumer protection laws and regulations, including but not limited to, ECOA, TILA, EFTA, FCRA, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, GLBA, UETA, ESIGN, FDCPA and UDAAP, and any state-level statutory and regulatory counterparts.
Born in the Midwest, located in the heart of Wausau, WI, we serve communities across the country by providing flexible, indirect lending options for customers who are looking to finance their dream home improvement project or finance a boat, RV or other recreational power sports. Aqua Finance focuses on what matters most, creating an unmatched experience for our partners, teammates, and the customers we serve.
Aqua Finance Inc. is majority owned by funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, Inc (“Apollo”). Apollo is a high-growth, global alternative asset manager. Funds managed by Blackstone, Aqua’s previous majority owner, continue to maintain a minority stake in Aqua.