Freeman Mathis and Gary, LLP is a rapidly growing, national specialty litigation firm with twenty-seven offices in fourteen states. We are currently seeking an experienced Partner or Sr. Of Counsel to further build out the insurance coverage team in our Los Angeles, CA office. We are eagerly seeking candidates who foster a teamwork mentality, have excellent communication skills, are problem-solvers, and are willing to take ownership of their job. Flexibility and excellent organization skills are key in our fast-paced environment. The following set of success factors describe the characteristics of those who are successful in our Firm:
- Develop relationships with clients as legal needs are established, provide counsel, help clients understand their legal options, and represent them in court and negotiations.
- Conduct research, prepare legal documents, and perform other duties to develop strategies and favorably resolve cases.
- Explain legal options to clients and bringing possible outcomes or threats to their attention.
- Build relationships with clients based on trust, remain responsive to client needs at all times.
- Develop arguments and represent clients in criminal and civil legal proceedings.
- Prepare legal documents, such as contracts, dispositions, and pleadings, in a timely manner.
- Stay informed about current legislation, especially concerning legal specialties.
- Commitment to abiding by local, state, and federal laws and behaving ethically.
- Ability to work independently or with a team of attorneys to develop the case strategies.
- Ability to negotiate, research, and communicate verbally and in writing effectively.
- Adaptability and attention to detail.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with all matters. Safeguards client's interests.
- Willingness to contribute to Firm culture via committee involvement.
- Juris Doctor degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
- In good standing and able to practice law in the state of CA.
- Strong critical thinking skills and solid academic background.
- Knowledgeable, attentive, and proactive.
- Excellent communicator, negotiator, public speaker, and problem solver.
- Self-motivated, and goal oriented with a track record of meeting billable hours goals.
- Inclined to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Open and willing to follow Firm best practices and procedures.
- Personable, has the ability to maintain client relationships.
- Detail oriented, organized and effective.
- Professional and can get along with people; communicates well with staff.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office applications particularly Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with iManage and/or OneDrive a plus.