Description:Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow's megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
We are looking for:
Someone to provide legal support and counsel to the key stakeholders of ECo in NA, so as to further the interests of the businesses globally, while managing risks, ensuring compliance, protecting the company's rights, interests and reputation.
We count on you for:
- Be a trusted business partner that enables the businesses to meet their costs and growth targets in a competitive environment while managing risks and ensuring compliance.
- Support and advice on complex legal matters for the ECo business in NA, by partnering with business and functional clients, and with outside counsel, and by supporting business opportunities while ensuring compliance with applicable legislation, industry guidelines and internal policies.
- Provide legal support to commercial teams and functional areas, on projects and initiatives that are deployed by the ECo, including preparing, reviewing negotiating and implementing complex and innovative commercial agreements, as well as providing strategic legal advice on a wide range of proposed business initiatives and projects in different areas such as sales and marketing, manufacturing, procurement, Mergers & Acquisitions, and corporate finance.
- Responsibility for the corporate legal entities in NA, ensuring through collaboration with other internal stakeholders and functions that the corporate activities are in compliance with local laws and global policies.
- Serve on multi-national projects with multi-disciplinary teams and committees to assess and implement special/significant projects in the local business and/or worldwide.
- Monitor changes and trends in the Chemical Industry, including competitive developments and government actions, to identify possible business opportunities and threats.
You will bring:
- Law degree (JD) at a well-respected, accredited US university.
- Deep knowledge and experience in US Law
- Fluent in English.
- 10 years or more post-graduate experience overall as Legal Counsel in an international working environment in the US including a meaningful period in the chemical industry or related industrial sector.
- Have strong transactional experience in handling NA issues.
- Solid track record of corporate/commercial projects experience in the US.
- In-depth knowledge of US laws, including but not limited to company law, contract law, civil law, labor law, and US civil litigation procedural law, preferably in chemical industries or related sectors.
- Ability to balance legal requirements with business objectives and to render practical and creative legal solutions to help business growth.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with senior leadership and other stakeholders;
- High degree of independence, initiative, decisiveness, and result orientation
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Team player
You will get:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- The U.S. base salary range reasonably expected to be paid for this position is $129,744 to $162,180 per year. Since actual compensation packages are based on a variety of factors unique to each candidate we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted base salary range. Total compensation for this role also includes bonus and/or other incentives.
- 16, or more, weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave, according to local regulations
- Training platform for all employees
- Free language courses (24 languages available)
- Free well-being sessions (physical and psychological)
Location: USA - Houston
After 50 years, we are going back to the Moon... Solvay Materials are making it possible once again for Humans to return to the Moon. Check here our Artemis missions with NASA: we will land the first woman and first person of color on the Moon.
Solvay's purpose is to bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. We can only fulfill this purpose with a diverse workforce that feels respected and appreciated, and has equal opportunities to work, grow and thrive. Our differences, visible or not, are valued. As Solvay seeks to promote unity and not uniformity, we invite you - regardless of background, age, gender, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, ability or identity - to consider a future with us.