Description:Camping World Holdings, Inc., headquartered in Lincolnshire, IL, (together with its subsidiaries) is America's largest retailer of RVs and related products and services. Our vision is to build a long-term legacy business that makes RVing fun and easy, and our Camping World and Good Sam brands have been serving RV consumers since 1966.
We strive to build long-term value for our customers, employees, and shareholders by combining a unique and comprehensive assortment of RV products and services with a national network of RV dealerships, service centers and customer support centers along with the industry's most extensive online presence and a highly trained and knowledgeable team of employees serving our customers, the RV lifestyle, and the communities in which we operate. We also believe that our Good Sam organization and family of programs and services uniquely enable us to connect with our customers as stewards of the RV enthusiast community and the RV lifestyle. With RV sales and service locations in 42 states, Camping World has grown to become the prime destinations for everything RV.
Camping World & Good Sam is seeking an experienced transactional attorney to support acquisitions and dispositions along with real estate acquisitions, dispositions, financing, and leasing transactions. This role will enjoy a significant level of responsibility, active deal flow, and the opportunity to work closely with the Company's operational teams in a fast-paced and professional environment. Major law firm and in-house counsel experience required.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating legal documents associated with transactions including term sheets, purchase and sale agreements, lease agreements, subleases, deeds, bills of sales, and ancillary documents
- Reviewing real estate due diligence items including title commitments, surveys, zoning reports, environmental assessments, property condition reports, and other due diligence items
- Supporting real estate financing transactions, including sale-leasebacks and maintenance of existing credit facilities
- Seeking and obtaining regulatory and other third party approvals, including zoning changes and special use permits
- Managing daily issues that arise in connection with real estate portfolio, including landlord waivers, SNDAs, eminent domain proceedings (with litigation team), accounting inquiries
- Developing transaction strategy and structure consistent with desired business objectives
- Providing actionable advice and guidance to senior leaders on contractual terms, regulations, and negotiations to achieve desired business objectives
- Collaborating with cross functional teams, brokers, landlords, and outside counsel to cultivate positive relationships and facilitate successful transactions
- Proactively identifying legal exposure and business risk and proactively recommending and implementing appropriate corrective actions
Process and Innovation
- Managing outside counsel effectively to ensure quality of work product and resource allocation
- Partnering with cross functional teams such as accounting, risk management, tax, and compliance to ensure forms and deal documents incorporate required terms and processes are handled appropriately
- Collaborating with leaders in legal, corporate development, and operational teams to identify and drive improvements and scalability in execution and post-closing integration processes
- Coordinating with cross functional teams including corporate development, construction, and accounting to ensure alignment and effective execution
Critical Success Factors:
- Proven ability to work independently with complex legal issues, including drafting, negotiating, managing, and closing sophisticated transactions
- Demonstrated understanding of business objectives, financial acumen, substantive expertise, and use of outstanding judgment when advising business partners
- Excellent client management skills, with the ability to partner effectively, inspire confidence, and build trust with senior management and other professionals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize and manage workload and simultaneous tasks while meeting deadlines,maintaining organization and attention to detail in a dymanic, fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and strong analytic and problem-solving ability
- Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- J.D. from an ABA-accredicted law school and member in good standing with Illinois or another state bar
- 5+ years of transactional and commercial real estate transaction experience, both in a law firm and corporate in-house setting, development experience a plus
- Superior technical skills including being able to prepare and redline documents in Microsoft Word; working knowledge of Excel; Visual Lease experience a plus
Full-time associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401k and more! Part-time associates are offered access to dental & vision coverage! For more information please visit: www.mycampingworldbenefits.com
Our story starts with our customers, the campers and outdoor enthusiasts. Camping World began in 1966 as a small store in Beech Bend Park outside of Bowling Green, Kentucky. What began as a way to fulfill campers' requests for supplies has grown into the largest outdoor lifestyle retailer with over 190 stores and over 14,000 employees.
Camping World is the leading RV and outdoor lifestyle retailer providing new products, services, and support to recreationists everywhere. Good Sam provides everything customers need to have a good trip--from savings on fuel and campgrounds to roadside assistance and other specialty services. RVs.com is the easiest way to buy a new or used RV completely online. Overton's is the world's largest boating and marine accessories dealer, helping customers have more fun on the water for longer with the best gear and products. Browse thousands of RVs, buy and finance online, and we deliver your RV to your home or campsite.
We consider Military experience equally as valuable as civilian work experience. Veterans, Reservists and Transitioning Service Members are encouraged to include Military duty and certifications on their resume and applications when applying for a position.