Job Identification: 210418627
Job Category: Counsel
Posting Date: 05/25/2023, 09:55 PM
Job Schedule: Full time
10 S Dearborn St, Chicago, IL, 60603, US
480 Washington Blvd, Jersey City, NJ, 07310, US
8181 Communications Pkwy Bldg B, Plano, TX, 75024, US
Base Pay/Salary: Jersey City,NJ $99,800.00-$181,500.00
As a member of our Government Investigations & Regulatory Enforcement group, you will represent JPMorgan Chase & Co. in connection with regulatory inquiries and government enforcement matters, internal reviews and investigations. You will spend your day learning about our products and services, collecting and reviewing documents, conducting interviews, updating stakeholders, researching legal topics, and drafting responses to regulatory requests. You will work independently and with external counsel. You will act as a trusted advisor to our compliance, controls, and business partners in connection with a broad range of other matters. If you are intellectually curious and have a passion for driving solutions you may be the perfect fit for our team.
- Represent JPMorgan before government agencies, regulators and SROs in connection with investigations and inquiries
- Work closely with line-of-business legal and compliance personnel on government investigations and regulatory matters
- Draft correspondence and submissions, and interact with agency staff members
- Identify, collect, and manage documents for review and production, together with our legal discovery management team
- Advise JPMorgan regarding legal issues relating to investigations and inquiries
- Conduct internal reviews and investigations
- Assist with internal and regulatory audits
- Participate in periodic compliance training
- Maintain the highest level of integrity and exercise good judgment
Required qualifications, capabilities, skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- In-depth experience with regulatory issues
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a licensed attorney
- Legal experience working for government agencies, regulators and/or SROs in connection with investigations and inquiries combined with either in-house or law firm experience with government and regulatory enforcement investigations
- JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About The Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
With large, global operations, the Legal team tackles complex issues and helps shape the regulations that affect the businesses. The group is organized into practice groups that align with the lines of business and corporate staff areas, which encourages collaboration on legal, regulatory and business developments as they arise.