What you'll do...
As Senior Counsel, you will collaborate with the business, People partners, and other stakeholders with regard to U.S. labor and employment law. More specifically, you will provide guidance and advice to People partners and business leaders in the context of employment-related laws and regulations, and you will support leaders relative to performance management, leave and disability issues, terminations, and all aspects of the human resources or People function.
You'll make an impact by…
- Providing the client with an informed understanding of legal obligations and risks to allow the client to make informed decisions.
- Identifying the need for and directing training.
- Engaging, directing, and supervising outside counsel in the context of administrative charges and attorney demand letters.
- Developing and fostering relationships with the business and People partners and maintaining an understanding business goals and objectives.
You'll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have extensive experience providing multi-jurisdictional employment counseling for business clients.
- You're a subject matter expert in the areas of ADA, FMLA, and Title VII.
- You're curious and have a desire to fully understand the process and the facts.
- You excel at providing clear and succinct advice in a way that brings others along.
- You pride yourself on being responsive and helpful to clients, and you understand that attorneys are service providers.
- You're organized and can manage multiple projects and issues simultaneously.
- You're excited by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale.
Location: This position is seated at the Walmart Home Office in Bentonville, AR. Currently, we are not considering a remote or hybrid role.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are:
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Law degree from an accredited law school and 5 years' experience in law.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Leading cross-functional teams
- 702 SW 8TH ST, Bentonville, AR 72716, United States of America