Description:About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Counsel for Digital on the Technology, Digital & Innovation Section within the Enterprise Functions Division of the Legal Department. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
In this role you will:
- Provide effective legal and regulatory advice and support for enterprise-wide, customer-facing digital channels. Legal responsibilities will focus principally on digital and mobile product development and related operations for Wells Fargo websites and mobile apps for five primary customer-facing lines of business (Consumer & Small Business Banking, Consumer Lending, Commercial Banking, Wealth & Investment Management and Corporate & Investment Banking), contract negotiation digital subject matter support for Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), FinTech company partnerships, and risk management.
- Advise and support product managers, risk and compliance managers, IT professionals, technologists, system architects, and data security professionals in the design and implementation of mass-marketed financial products and services distributed through online, mobile, and other digital channels
- Work on large and often enterprise-wide, global, or multinational technology and operations projects, involving a geographically diverse customer base, diverse personal technology, FinTech, and diverse levels of digital-media user experience
- Gather information in a fast-paced business environment, understanding business needs and goals, and working with intensity toward effective, practical, and timely legal solutions
- Participate in industry trade association meetings, and preparing or assisting in the preparation of comment letters on proposed regulatory changes.
- 4+ years of Law experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Active State Bar membership
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment with a high degree of collaboration.
- Direct client counseling experience in legal, regulatory, and compliance issues relating to: digital content, marketing and advertising; consumer, small business and wholesale financial products/services; and innovation.
- Skilled with gathering and processing information in a fast-paced business environment, understanding business needs and goals, and working with diligence and thoughtful analysis toward effective, practical, and timely legal solutions.
- Ability to work at one of our approved job posting locations
- Ability to work a hybrid schedule, in office at least 3 days a week