Description:Life at Plume
At Plume, we believe that technology isn't about moving faster, it's about making life's moments better. Which is why we've built the world's first, and only, open and hardware-independent service delivery platform for smart homes, small businesses, enterprises, and beyond. Our SaaS platform uses WiFi, advanced AI, and machine learning to create the future of connected spaces—and human experiences—at massive scale.
We now deliver services to over 50 million locations globally and have managed over 2.5 billion devices on our platform. We're expanding rapidly, pioneering a new category, and we achieved our Series F funding in just four years. Our customers include many of the world's largest Communications Service Providers (CSPs) who look to Plume to help them evolve their smart home offerings while gleaning insights from their own data.
With a bias for action and a love for being trailblazers, the team at Plume embodies a combination of relentless curiosity and imaginative innovation. We challenge ourselves to think in ways that other companies don't, work to do what should be done (rather than what can), and if we can't do it exceptionally well, we don't do it. It's how we've assembled a team of world-class builders, thinkers, and doers. And it's how we're reinventing what's possible every day.
As Senior Corporate Counsel you will provide legal advice and counsel on multiple subject matter issues to internal partners at all levels within the Plume's various business units and support day-to-day initiatives as well as long-term strategies. The role is also responsible for drafting, reviewing, revising, and negotiating a broad range of corporate and commercial agreements including collaboration, services, licensing, consulting, research collaboration, and data-related agreements.
- Assist in the mitigation of critical areas of risk and participate in counseling all levels of the Company
- Serve as a representative of the Legal Department in Company initiatives, meetings and presentations
- Participate on interdisciplinary teams handling matters of critical importance to the Company
- Draft, review, update and help implement Company agreements, policies, procedures, guidelines and other instruments
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts and provide advice to internal business clients
- Closely collaborate with internal clients and cross-functional teams to identify, address and communicate risks and to understand relevant business objectives
- Streamline and drive efficiency in contract review and completion by crafting and maintaining form agreements and other processes, as appropriate
- Research legal issues
- Draft legal memoranda in connection with delivering advice to Company counterparts
- 4-6 years of Experience as an in-house counsel (preferably experience within a Startup or Pre-IPO)
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, listening, and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to learn to address broad range of legal matters
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage the needs of multiple parties at the same time
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to adapt legal requirements in a pragmatic way consistent with the Company's mission, practices, financial needs and growth plans
- Creativity and innovation in improving organizational, management and administrative processes
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic, good judgment, and a sense of humor
- Ability to meet deadlines and address multiple assignments in an accurate and timely manner
- Ability to drive impact and navigate competing priorities while remaining collaborative and inclusive;
- Passion to understand Plume's products, customers, culture, and business;
- High emotional IQ and team-first attitude
- JD or equivalent from an accredited law school; licensed to practice law in at least one U.S. jurisdiction.
Total Compensation package would include: anticipated salary range of $165,000 to $195,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Benefits include: a 401k plan and a company match, basic life insurance plus unparalleled health, dental, vision and other benefits and perks. Please see here for more details.
An employee's base salary and its position within the range may depend on a number of factors including job related knowledge, education, skills, experience and other business related considerations. Published ranges are provided in good faith at the time of posting.
As the creator of the only open, hardware-independent, cloud-controlled experience platform for CSPs and their subscribers, Plume partners with over 350 CSP customers, including some of the world's largest such as Comcast, Charter, Liberty Global, and J:COM.
Using OpenSync, the most widely supported open-source, silicon-to-cloud framework for smart spaces, Plume's software-defined network allows CSPs to decouple their service offerings from hardware and rapidly curate and deliver new services over a multi-vendor, open-platform architecture.
Backed by investors such as Insight Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Plume is now valued at $2.6B, having added over $500M in funding in 2021 alone.
Plume is an equal opportunity workplace that maintains a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in all employment practices and decisions, ensuring equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related individual conditions, medical conditions (as defined by state law), military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.