Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Sr. Counsel (Corporate) is an experienced attorney who will be responsible for corporate work, including leading transactions, identifying advantageous contractual structures, and handling corporate governance issues. This role works collaboratively within the organization to define, oversee, and complete projects that further the corporate and strategic transactional goals and objectives of the business.
The Sr. Corporate Counsel partners closely with members of the Legal team and other departments and handles a variety of corporate matters, including leading legal due diligence and negotiating all forms of corporate transactions and investments, and managing day-to-day corporate governance. An ideal candidate will have extensive expertise in handling commercial contracts negotiations.
What you can do:
- Provide strategic direction on corporate structuring and governance activities
- Lead all legal aspects of strategic transactions, mergers & acquisitions, and due diligence
- Negotiate various contractual transactions, including joint development agreements, supply agreements, and advise on risk implications for commercial decisions
- Counsel on term sheets, note/share/asset purchase documents, side letters, ancillary agreements, and other third-party transactions
- Participate in investment committee and other deal reviews
- Counsel on evolving developments in corporate law, recommending policy/process changes as needed
- Provide guidance and training to internal partners on a full range of corporate topics
- Other duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Law degree (J.D.) required, and admission (or ability to register as in-house counsel) to practice law where located
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in a corporate law or technology transactions practice at a major law firm and/or as an in-house counsel, with a minimum of 4 years of law firm experience
- Direct experience driving transaction strategy and negotiating with suppliers and vendors
- Knowledge and understanding of the regulatory landscape impacting transactions, including export control, CFIUS, and Hart-Scott-Rodino considerations
- Experience with negotiating and documenting various other forms of transactions, including purchase, supply, joint development, transition or shared services, collaboration, or partnership agreements
- Experience working collaboratively with diverse teams to develop solutions in complicated transactions while balancing priorities from multiple partners
- Hardworking professional with significant expertise performing diligence, structuring transactions, negotiating terms, supporting integration, and managing ongoing corporate governance and portfolio responsibilities
- Admitted to practice law in the District of Columbia or California
- Strong ability to negotiate effectively with external and internal partners
- Demonstrated attention to detail, time management, organizational skills, and keen business judgment, with a dedicated focus on personal ethics, integrity, and accountability
- A great teammate who enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Ability to distill and articulate legal concepts into concise and plain English that business partners can both understand and readily act upon
- Outstanding executive level written and verbal communicator with ability to work seamlessly across the levels of a broad and diverse organization
You may also be able to contribute:
- IP experience is highly
- Experience in aerospace or automobile industries highly
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position will include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of total compensation.
The pay range for this position is:
Click HERE (https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits) or visit: https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits to view our benefits!