Description:Freeman Mathis and Gary is a national litigation firm, with twenty-eight offices in fourteen states. We are seeking a highly motivated mid-level or senior Associate Attorney with experience handling the defense of federal and state professional liability claims in our Tampa, FL office. The ideal candidate will have at least three to five years of experience in all facets of the litigation process in professional liability claims as well as excellent client communication and research and writing skills.
- Provide initial analysis and develop case strategy
- Prepare and respond to discovery
- Take and defend depositions, draft motions and attend hearings
- Explain legal options to clients and bringing possible outcomes or threats to their attention.
- Build relationships with clients
- Ability to negotiate, research, and communicate verbally and in writing effectively.
- Juris Doctor degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
- In good standing and able to practice law in the state of FL.
- Strong critical thinking skills and solid academic background.
- Strong sense of urgency about problem solving, meeting deadlines and achieving goals
- Knowledgeable, attentive, and proactive.
- Excellent communicator, negotiator, public speaker, and problem solver.
- Self-motivated, and goal oriented with a track record of meeting billable hours goals.
- Inclined to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented, organized and effective.
- Professional and can get along with people; communicates well with staff.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Experience with iManage and/or OneDrive a plus.