Xos (NASDAQ: XOS) is an innovative electric vehicle company on a mission to decarbonize commercial transportation. Our zero-emission commercial vehicles and next-generation technologies empower fleets of Fortune 500 companies and positively impact our environment.
At Xos, we design vehicles from scratch, invent efficient and durable battery systems, write software to control the vehicle and its interactions with the driver, and entice fleet owners into an electrified future with groundbreaking service.
Xos is a people-focused company, and a great place to work! Perks include 100% covered employee health benefits, Betterment 401k, training, and growth opportunities, to name a few.
We are a team of passionate doers that have banded together to work on something we can be proud of, on a journey to a cleaner planet. We’re go-getters, change-makers, and future-creators. Will you join us?
Xos is hiring an experienced Senior Corporate Counsel to join our Legal team! As Senior Corporate Counsel you will support and provide guidance on a broad range of legal matters relating to corporate governance, securities law, and corporate transactions. The successful candidate will be a resourceful self-starter and comfortable in fast-paced and dynamic environments.
- Prepare and review SEC filings, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, Section 16 filings, and proxy statements, in collaboration with key company stakeholders.
- Advise on finance and capital markets transactions, including underwritten debt and equity offerings, private placements, loan agreements, and other treasury matters.
- Provide legal counsel on a diverse range of matters related to day-to-day operations of the Company, including investor relations, finance, treasury, internal audit, and compliance efforts.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures to ensure SEC and Nasdaq compliance.
- Remain up-to-date on securities-related regulatory developments and provide tailored advice regarding potential impacts and solutions.
- Evolve, refine, and manage corporate governance policies and procedures in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
- Maintain committee charters and other key corporate governance documents.
- Assist with general corporate matters, including entity management, corporate governance, preparation of materials for the Board of Directors and its committees, and management of board portal software.
- Interface with and manage outside counsel on related matters.
- Complete special projects as assigned by General Counsel.
- Law degree (J.D.) from an ABA-accredited institution
- Eligible to practice law in California or Tennessee
- 6-10 years of substantive experience in capital markets, finance, or securities law, including 4+ years at a top-tier law firm
- In-house experience at a public company is a plus
- Solid experience working with public company clients on capital markets transactions, SEC reporting obligations, and corporate governance
- Ability to work independently while also effectively contributing to cross-functional teams
- Strong business judgment and ability to develop business-oriented solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication and decision-making skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and manage multiple projects under deadline pressure
Xos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.