Description:About the Organization Standard Solar, Inc. is a national leader in the full-service development, construction, integration, financing and installation of solar electric systems. Dedicated to making Distributed Generation ('DG') solar solutions more accessible, the company is leading the way to energy independence. We are committed to offering responsible and energy cost-saving solar solutions that conform to the highest standards.
Since 2004, Standard Solar has been developing solar projects to creatively solve the energy needs of commercial, industrial, educational, government, utility and other clients. From challenging rooftop configurations to utility-scale solar fields, Standard Solar has executed hundreds of groundbreaking and unique solar projects. With a deep understanding of regulatory environments and the energy landscape, Standard Solar designs systems that maximize each customer's investment.
Named one of the Fastest Growing Private Companies in America for four consecutive years by Inc. Magazine, Standard Solar operates nationally and is headquartered in Rockville, MD. For more information, please visit www.standardsolar.com.
Standard Solar, a Brookfield Renewable Company, is a leading independent power producer focused on acquiring, developing, funding and operating DG-scale solar energy and storage projects throughout the US. We are looking to expand our in-house legal department with an attorney who has direct experience in project finance -- tax equity and debt financing - to lead and support related transactional and capital markets matters required to structure funding of DG-scale solar energy and solar + storage assets in the US, both at the project level and corporate level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing, negotiating, and executing on corporate financings and project-level capital markets transactions including, tax equity fundings, warehouse construction financings, securitizations, equipment financings, and permanent financings in the form of bank debt and private placements
- Managing and supporting transaction execution for project financing, including helping structure transactions and draft and review transactional documents, liaising with internal and external counsel and team members on transaction documentation, due diligence, transaction closings and business integration from a legal perspective
- Cross-functional support and strategic interaction with internal structured finance team and Brookfield capital markets NY team
- Engage and manage outside project finance counsel
- Play an integral role in the broader in-house legal team
- Interface directly with tax equity, debt and investor and counterparties
- Ensure quality, clarity and consistency across acquisition transactions
- Reports directly to the General Counsel
Minimum Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- Juris Doctor or LLB from accredited law school
- At least 4+ of law firm experience, preferably in project finance, tax equity or debt transactions in solar or renewable (or equivalent direct experience in-house)
- Experience in the renewable energy or infrastructure sectors preferred but not required
- Transaction management experience, including the ability to lead a transaction and effectively manage workload and timelines
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional internal teams and manage several transactions simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and legal leadership skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Embrace and by the mission and values of Standard Solar - working together to promoting clean energy!
About our Locations
This position can either be based in Standard Solar's home office in Rockville, MD, or its Los Angeles, CA office.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Base Salary + Annual Bonus
- SSI's comprehensive benefits package includes dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting; continuing education and professional development assistance
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.