Description:Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform!
TuSimple's Senior Corporate Counsel is a well-versed thought-partner, who actively engages in robust discussions of complex business issues and provides creative solutions which factor in the long-term business and shareholder value impact, particularly as it relates to Corporate Governance. This position requires SEC filings experience - assisting with filings at a minimum. Focus on preparation of 8K, 10-K, 10-Qs, and Proxy Statement. Experience working for a publicly traded company preferred but not required.
- Creation of company policies and corporate governance programs. Advises on pertinent corporate requirements and best practices.
- Preparation for board meetings, Liaising with board of directors, Compliance with SEC filings.
- Builds and delivers training materials for business leaders on Corporate Governance principles and general procedures.
- Supports the preparation of periodic reports, proxy statements, and other SEC filings. Reviews external communications, including press releases, investor presentations, and other shareholder engagement activities.
- Develops, implements, and refines legal processes, including contract review processes, with a primary view of corporate Governance needs and a focus on efficiency and scalability while mitigating risk. Drafts and updates standard templates and clauses.
- Constructs and maintains templates; modify existing agreements, as necessary.
- Reviews and evaluates potential investments, including M&A. Conducts due diligence, structures transactions, drafts, reviews, and negotiates M&A agreements, and assists with post-closing integration.
- Demonstrates professional integrity while operating under pressure by challenging the status quo and questioning ideas and decisions to ensure a robust decision-making process for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides strong leadership in the recruitment, training, and development of top-quality talent, ensuring a high level of performance and productivity. Builds morale, motivates and instills productivity and teamwork, creates and promotes a positive and supportive work environment. Creates a culture of continuous improvement for processes, systems, data, training, people, etc.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships across the Company through cross-functional team collaboration and partnership.
Associate General Counsel Experience & Skills
- Four to Six (4-6) years of legal experience within a law firm or corporate legal department.
- Knowledge of public company reporting, compliance, and corporate governance matters.
- Successful track record of advising stakeholders on a wide range of legal matters.
- Strong business judgment with the ability to find practical and creative solutions to both legal and business problems.
- Proven ability to de-construct complex legal topics and issues into straightforward concepts and present recommendations that successfully navigate to resolution, in an organized and methodical framework.
- Proven ability to consider and evaluate legal and practical implications of business decisions and provide guidance that appropriately balances risk mitigation and strategic priorities.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with drafting and negotiating contracts and agreements, and conducting risk analysis
- Demonstrated success with handling a large volume of legal matters, including a combination of small and large contracts, while maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Adaptable and willing to work on a broad variety of legal matters and business needs. Eager and able to cross-train in other practice areas and support the Company's legal needs.
- Ability to quickly build trust and rapport with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- A broad thinker, with an interest and ability to deliver views on operations, strategies, and overall environment.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plans
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Company 401(K) program with Company match
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid education/training
- Company-paid gym membership
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner while on-site at one of our office locations
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Salary Range: $186,000 - $233,000
Please note: Individual salaries will vary within this range based on factors such as location, business needs and candidate's skills, education and experience.