The Commercial Transactions Group in Marvell’s Legal Department drafts, reviews, negotiates, and manages the company’s global commercial agreements. The team partners closely with every business unit and functional group across Marvell, and counsels and provides business and legal advice on best practices and risks for commercial engagements. This role will be part of the Commercial Transactions Group, will focus on complex and high volume customer-facing transactions, and will report to the Assistant General Counsel, Commercial.
- Draft, negotiate, and review complex technology, licensing, and other commercial agreements including, without limitation: inbound and outbound licensing agreements, sales, development, and other types of commercial contracts relating to Marvell’s hardware and software products.
- Represent Marvell in commercial interactions with key customers while balancing Marvell’s business and legal interests.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders in the Marvell Legal Department to ensure that risk is identified and managed properly.
- Interface with, and, as necessary, conduct training of various business units domestically and internationally to understand key IP and commercial requirements, and to ensure commercial contract terms comply with corporate directives, policies and procedures.
- Drive continuous improvement to existing legal templates, legal and business processes, and legal support models, including contracts administration procedures and processes.
- Handle and complete special assignments or projects at the direction of the head of the Commercial Transactions Group or the General Counsel.
- Build and maintain business relationships and gain trust of internal clients while maintaining adherence to legal standards.
- Active member of a State Bar (California and Texas preferred)
- 7+ years' experience