Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world's most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We're one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
AECOM (NYSE: ACM) has an opportunity for a senior attorney with significant corporate experience to join our legal team. As a key member of a collegial, fast-paced global legal team, you will focus on general corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, financial and other transactions, corporate governance, public company and securities issues. This position will offer flexibility for hybrid work schedules and can be located in Los Angeles, CA or Dallas, TX.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Corporate Counsel will include a critical role in and/or leadership of the following:
- Lead the legal support of transactional matters, including merger and acquisitions and other corporate finance and treasury transactions, and managing those matters across other functions, business units, and outside advisors as necessary.
- Provide advice and counsel on financing arrangements and capital-raising activities, including credit facilities, outstanding notes and notes offerings, support instruments (e.g., parent company guarantees and bonds), and a variety of other finance and treasury matters.
- Provide advice and counsel to the senior management team on corporate law and governance matters, including SEC and NYSE rules and requirements.
- Support existing processes related to public filings including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, Proxy Statements, 8-Ks, Section 16 filings, and registration statements.
- Provide advice and counsel on a range of corporate legal matters as they arise, across executive compensation, tax reorganizations, investor relations matters (e.g., RegG and RegFD), and other corporate and public company issues.
- Provide oversight of the paralegal teams responsible for legal entity management (including active support of entity formation, maintenance and compliance, and merger and dissolution processes) and professional licensing issues.
- The role requires significant and active collaboration with others in Legal, Finance, Tax, HR/Executive as well as other functions and business operating groups within the Company, based across the globe.
- You will report to the Senior Vice President, Deputy General Counsel & Corporate Secretary.
The successful candidate must possess a strong work ethic and readiness to take a significant leadership role on designated legal matters. Required background and attributes include:
- JD from an accredited law school plus at least 7 years of practical legal experience working on corporate legal matters.
- In-house experience
- Graduate of a top-tier law school
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, drafting, negotiation and written/verbal communication skills.
- Excellent judgment with the ability to balance competing priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills with high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify and resolve problems.
- Effectively work in a highly confidential environment with the highest standards of ethics and professional integrity.
- Sponsorship for US work authorization is not available for this position, now or in the future.
Offered rate of compensation (TX locations only) will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range for this position is $200,000 - $240,000.
AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
AECOM is the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We're the world's trusted global infrastructure firm, and we're in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you'll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.