Description:We're at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world's greatest data and applications platform. Our ‘get it done' culture allows everyone at Snowflake to have an equal opportunity to innovate on new ideas, create work with a lasting impact, and excel in a culture of collaboration.
We are hiring a Senior Corporate Counsel - Cybersecurity. This role will have responsibility for Legal Security matters and support Snowflake's security incident response, industry certifications, and global cybersecurity compliance. We are looking for someone willing to dig in and help build a world-class security program in a quickly evolving environment. You will be an integral part of the cross-functional team that protects the data entrusted to Snowflake.
This role will report to Snowflake's Vice President, Deputy General Counsel and will work closely with Snowflake's Security, Compliance and Privacy teams. This is an in-person role based in Dublin, CA; currently the team attends the office Tuesday through Thursday, with remote work allowed on Mondays and Fridays.
- Drive Snowflake's cross-functional response to security and data incidents in partnership with the Security team. Involves quickly, pragmatically, and thoroughly handling a wide range of investigations and responses in partnership with multiple stakeholders, including other Legal teams, outside counsel, and Security.
- Assist Snowflake's Security and Compliance teams in maintaining a comprehensive security incident response program, including threat detection, investigation, containment and mitigation.
- Assist with Snowflake's general security compliance program, including its security certifications.
- Support Snowflake's vendor risk management process.
- Advise on global cybersecurity requirements and standards in new markets.
- Ensure Snowflake's threat detection, investigation, containment and mitigation complies with Snowflake's policies and procedures, as well as all applicable laws.
- Monitor emerging cybersecurity policies, standards and regulations.
- Provide general security legal counsel.
- Strong communication skills, including executive communications
- 6+ years, with at least 3 years working in-house preferred
- Experience with U.S. cybersecurity laws, regulations and standards (i.e., Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act, Electronic Communications and Privacy Act) and general familiarity with global cybersecurity laws, regulations and standards
- BA/BS and JD from an accredited law school
- Attitude that no project is too big or too small
- Comfort working in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Sense of humor!
The following represents the expected range of compensation for this role:
- The estimated pay range for this role is $201,000 - $313,900.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake's bonus and equity plan.
The successful candidate's starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; at least 12 paid holidays; paid time off; parental leave; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we're scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?