Are you tired of a high-pressure legal environment, and do you realize that you are more of a methodical worker with a passion for law? Well if you answered yes to this question, then our Corporate Attorney position may be what you are looking for.
Our Corporate Attorney is a go getter that will thrive in this diverse and challenging position and loves communicating with our clients and helping them move forward strategically so they can reach their goals faster.
Our Corporate Attorney takes the time to understand what brought the client in and what they genuinely want so we can orchestrate a plan incorporating the client’s goals with best legal practices.
Our Corporate Attorney takes the time to formulate a strategic plan to best position the client for the desired result and presents that strategy to the client and the rest of the legal team so everyone is on the same page.
Our Corporate Attorney performs outside general counsel services such as legal analysis, legal strategy planning, complex document drafting and review, buying/selling businesses, private placement memoranda, capitalization and structure analysis and counseling, and advising clients on general business matters such as labor and employment, real property transactions, and mergers and acquisitions.
Our Corporate Attorney aids with our policy and procedure creation, ensuring the legal team is always following best practices for life-cycle matter management.
- Engage in Preliminary Legal Strategy Sessions with clients to fully understand the facts and goals to perform legal analysis and strategy planning
- Engage with Legal Team to share legal strategy on each matter so the legal team can be in alignment with the client’s interests in reaching their goal, the team’s interest in moving clients forward, and the Firm’s interest in creating raving fans
- Communicate with clients and advise clients on critical junctures so they fully understand their options and can make fully informed decisions
- Oversee and analyze documents drafted by the Legal Team and provide feedback and guidance to create stronger work products and streamlined processes
- Confer with opposing deal/transaction attorneys with advocacy and professionalism to reach the client’s goals
- Ensure clients are kept up to date on all matters handled by the firm
- Advise clients on a wide range of corporate and general business matters
- Draft/negotiate/review corporate/M&A contracts, equity offering memorandums, and debt capital markets documentation
- Manage transaction closings and perform legal due diligence
- Advise on corporate governance and regulatory matters
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with clients
- Work with a Founding Attorney and Office Manager to improve efficiencies through developing and/or refining the Firm’s systems including the legal policies and procedures, examples, templates, scripts, diagrams, workflows, and videos
- Analyze statistical information to better understand how we can improve our services and the time we spend servicing our clients
- Meet key performance indicators for the position
- Proven 6-10 years of complex experience as a Corporate Attorney
- Experience in Litigation and Transactional Law
- Excellent communication skills
- Good understanding of legal strategies and the position of clients
- Project Management; Implementing and executing legal production plans
- Contract Management
- Great organizational skills and ability to lead and delegate.
- Resilient problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail including grammar and spelling
- Transferable book of business
- Multi-jurisdiction admissions
- Software/SaaS experience
- Commercial Real Estate experience
- Business Development or Networking Experience
- Fluent in Spanish