Description:As Senior Commercial Counsel at NS1, you will be responsible for all aspects of commercial contracting, including drafting, structuring and negotiating all revenue generating and third party vendor contracts. This is a strategic role that will be integral to support NS1's rapid growth across a portfolio of technology products.
In this role, you will partner with cross functional teams and lead negotiations of all of NS1's contracts. You will gain a deep understanding of our products and business, and bring this expertise into your work advising NS1 teams and negotiating with third parties. You will play an integral part in empowering the company to achieve its growing sales targets in a scalable, risk-minded way.
NS1 has transformed the way the internet works by automating the deployment and delivery of the world's most trafficked internet and enterprise applications. Its application networking stack modernizes DNS, DHCP, and IPAM — the familiar and universal foundations of all network and internet services — to unlock unprecedented automation, visibility, and control. NS1 has more than 600 enterprise customers worldwide, including LinkedIn, Dropbox, and The Guardian, and is backed by investments from Energy Impact Partners, Dell Technologies Capital, Cisco Investments, and GGV Capital.
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts including SaaS, software licenses, strategic partnerships and vendor agreements.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify risks and provide strategic, practical and creative legal and business advice.
- Provide legal support for the company's privacy, data, and security initiatives as they relate to technology and commercial agreements.
- Develop and maintain expert current knowledge on new developments and provide legal guidance relevant to our business.
- Guide our Labs team on innovative R&D and open source initiatives
Ideally, you'll bring:
- A minimum of 6 years of experience practicing in a top law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Experience drafting and negotiating SaaS and software license agreements
- Proven ability to lead customer-facing negotiations on commercial contracts
- Excellent business judgment and the ability to assess legal risk while also thinking strategically and providing sound, practical advice under tight deadlines
- Ability to think creatively to overcome objections and identify solutions to opposing positions during contract negotiations
- Willingness to work independently and with a highly collaborative team, with proven ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Uncompromising attention to detail
- Self-motivated, nimble and able to learn quickly with a strong work ethic
- Thoughtful communication and EQ skills, with the ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Extra kudos for experience with open source licenses
- Must have a valid U.S. work authorization to apply