Description:The Real Estate practice group at DLA Piper is looking for a skilled real estate attorney to manage the Real Estate Center. This position will have a high level of managerial responsibility with the added requirement of successfully managing a geographically dispersed team. The firm is seeking experienced candidates who are high performing and committed to excellence. Detailed qualifications and responsibilities listed below. We will consider qualified candidates interested in working from our Boston, Baltimore, Washington DC, Raleigh, Miami, Atlanta, Phoenix, LA, Austin, Chicago, Dallas or Reston offices.
Juris Doctorate (JD) or LLM
- Prior client service and large project management experience.
- Experience drafting closing documents, leases, and Purchase and Sale Agreements; reviewing title, survey and zoning reports and other due diligence; and preparing lease abstracts.
- Familiarity with real estate deal processes and legal documents.
- Strong technical background with excellent computer skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent attention to detail, exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently.
- Supervise Real Estate Center workflow and workload on a daily basis.
- Manage a geographically dispersed team.
- Coordinate workload execution to meet deal/project timelines, budgets and standards.
- Create and manage real estate center workflows, including QC process.
- Serve as point of contact with Real Estate practice group partners and/or clients regarding real estate project execution, implementation and status.
- Oversee real estate center team on a daily basis.
- Create accurate budgets/estimates for review projects, as well as monthly revenue forecasting and monthly invoice review.
- Provide guidance, training and development opportunities to improve attorneys' skills, work product and performance.
- Create and maintain the DLA positive team environment.
- Perform other real estate center functions as needed.
Please apply online if you are a direct applicant. If you have a request for an accommodation during the application process or if you have any questions about the process, please contact Crystal Barrera at Crystal.Barrera@us.dlapiper.com.
Search firms: Per the terms of our agreement, all candidates must be submitted through our agency portal for consideration. If you have an agreement with us, please request an invitation to submit candidates to the portal from Crystal Barrera. If you do not have an agreement with us and would like us to consider candidates, please send a blind candidate profile to Crystal Barrera at Crystal.Barrera@us.dlapiper.com.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your list of safe senders.
JD or LLM