Description:Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world's streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world's top consumer brands, we're working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We're individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Office of the General Counsel includes the Legal, Risk and Compliance, Government Relations, Safety Assurance and Internal Audit functions. The Argo Office of the General Counsel delivers value to the business by supporting its lawful and ethical operations as it strives to reach ambitious goals.
The Risk and Compliance function works across the organization to identify, categorize, prioritize, manage and report on the risks inherent in Argo's business; and to develop risk mitigation plans to reduce and proactively manage risks in line with Argo-approved tolerances to promote Argo's commitment to safety and building a trustworthy self-driving system that makes transportation safer and more convenient for all.
What You'll Do:
- Provide legal guidance and advice about Argo's U.S. immigration programs while ensuring their compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Oversee Argo's various employment-based immigration processes and programs while improving employee experience
- Act as a resource for and lead Argo's Immigration Team on complex immigration issues and projects, including contingency planning options for expiring U.S. work authorizations
- Collaborate effectively with Argo's People Operations Team (including Recruiting and Global Mobility) to provide legal strategy and advice to assist internal stakeholders in meeting business needs and deliverables
- Participate in projects related to global mobility and support the administration of Argo's global mobility policies
- Adapt immigration programs as needed in response to changing policies or regulations, and evolving business needs
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Juris Doctor and bar membership in good standing in at least one jurisdiction
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. immigration laws and regulations
- 5+ years of corporate immigration law experience required
- Ability to effectively and efficiently collaborate to build relationships with colleagues at all levels throughout the organization
- Meaningful experience counseling stakeholders on immigration law matters
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
Nice to haves:
In-house experience, and experience with technology companies, preferred