Description:Know your rights
Inform yourself of your rights and responsibilities by reviewing the content provided in the list below.
- Employment Eligibility (e-Verify): English & Spanish (http://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf)
- Right to work: English (http://www.justice.gov/crt/case-document/file/1133936/download) / Spanish (http://www.justice.gov/crt/case-document/file/1133941/download)
It's fun to work in a company where people truly Believe in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The following are the usual, basic and essential functions of the position. These functions are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Independently handle first-party insurance lawsuits from inception through trial/resolution
- Demonstrate exceptional legal research and writing skills
- Draft substantive pleadings, motions, briefs, discovery and other necessary legal documents
- Conduct examinations under oath
- Independently evaluate and identify potential exposure and risks associated with independent cases
- Maintain a leadership role within the Litigation Department, including collaborating with litigation adjusters, administrative personnel and claims personnel with the goal of obtaining identified goals
- Provide leadership through mentoring legal support staff
- Supervise special projects to accomplish company goals
- Fully and effectively utilize available technology
- Timely complete required litigation and administrative tasks
- Travel throughout the state as required to meet business needs
Required Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- Minimum 5 years' experience
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
- Licensed in Florida and a member in good standing.
- Exceptional research and writing skills
- Experience in conducting depositions and examinations under oath
- Experience in all phases of litigation and trial
- Industry leading medical, dental and vision insurance plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match of 100% on up to 5% of compensation (match is fully-vested immediately)
- Generous PTO policy
- Eligible for performance based bonuses