Description:Dorsey & Whitney LLP is seeking an associate or senior attorney with two or more years of experience to join our Salt Lake City office, to work on renewable energy and natural resource development, title and transactional matters in our Regulatory Affairs Practice Group. This associate will have the opportunity to work on national and international renewable energy, energy storage and natural resource development projects and transactions with teams of Dorsey lawyers located across our 21 offices. The attorneys in Salt Lake City office, work regularly on these projects and transactions with attorneys across the firm, and collaborate extensively with the Anchorage, Boise, Phoenix, Seattle, Denver, Minneapolis, and Washington, D.C offices.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Two or more years of renewable development, real estate or real property title experience;
- Experience working in the real estate or natural resource groups of a large law firm;
- Experience with renewable development, mining, oil and gas, or energy is a plus;
- Strong communication and writing skills; and
- Top academic credentials.
Dorsey offers opportunities for advancement within a collaborative and dynamic environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Our benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance; domestic partner benefits (for same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners); Dorsey & Whitney 401(K) Retirement and Savings Plan; 15 weeks of paid parental leave, plus an additional 6-8 weeks of paid short-term disability for lawyers who give birth; adoption assistance; back-up child care program; education and college advising programs; well-being programs and activities; a 24/7 employee assistance program with confidential counseling; and more!
Dorsey values the strength that comes from a diverse and inclusive work environment. It contributes to the success of our people and our clients and enriches our experience. We believe that everyone should feel at home and part of our community.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.
Dorsey participates in E-Verify.
- Clients have relied on the international law firm of Dorsey & Whitney LLP since 1912 as a trusted legal advisor and valued business partner. With locations across the United States as well as Canada, Europe and Asia, Dorsey provides an integrated, dedicated approach to its clients' legal and business needs. Dorsey's diverse client base includes more than one-third of Fortune 100 companies.
- Our lawyers apply superb legal knowledge and skills with practical wisdom and a deep understanding of business and industry. We serve clients in nearly all industries, but focus on six key industries in which we have excellent depth and a history of achieving client success:
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Development and Infrastructure
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
Among Dorsey's many distinguished alumni are U.S. Supreme Court Justice Harry Blackmun, noted law professor and scholar William Prosser, Minnesota's first woman judge Betty Washburn, former U.S. Vice President and Ambassador to Japan Walter Mondale, U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar, former Corporation Counsel of the City of New York Zachary Carter, and U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack. Recognized for our dedication to community, Dorsey has met the ABA Law Firm Pro Bono Challenge every year since the Challenge began in 1993 by devoting more than 3% of billable hours to pro bono work.
One of our greatest strengths is a friendly, cooperative culture that values and appreciates each individual. Dorsey has received external recognition for our welcoming workplace, including:
- Mansfield Certification Plus (Diversity Lab)
- Best Law Firms for Women (National Association of Female Executives and Flex-Time Lawyers)
- 100% rating on the Corporate Equality Index (Human Rights Campaign)
- Gold Standard Certification (Women in Law Empowerment Forum)
- Top 100 Adoption-Friendly Workplace (Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption)
How to Apply:
Dorsey accepts online applications at http://www.dorsey.com/attorneyjobs. We do not accept application materials by mail or email except as a reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled applicants. Dorsey is committed to providing disability and religious-based reasonable accommodations. If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and hiring process, or if you have questions about a workplace reasonable accommodation, please contact us at 612-492-5033.
Please note that Dorsey is not currently accepting search firm submissions in connection with this opening.