Description:Who We Are Looking For:
As a global systemically important financial institution, State Street has substantial regulatory obligations in its home jurisdiction and multiple jurisdictions in which it conducts significant operations. The international regulatory legal team includes legal colleagues in the U.S., Europe, and Asia-Pacific regions. This position on the regulatory legal team focuses on providing advice in the areas of compliance, anti-money laundering and other financial crimes, the Bank Secrecy Act, and Know Your Customer. This position may also provide legal counsel on subjects such as sanctions, anti-fraud, anti-corruption, governance, and other bank regulatory matters as needed.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Vice President, Senior Counsel you will
- Provide legal advice to business, compliance, and legal colleagues to support State Street's compliance program;
- Collaborate with business, compliance, and legal colleagues to review and advise on regulatory obligations and assist with regulatory inquiries and examinations;
- Provide practical advice on policies, procedures, systems, and training;
- Provide legal advice in support of State Street's business model, including new products, services, partnerships, and offices; and
- Instruct and manage outside counsel.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong problem-solving, research, and technical legal analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm for working in a collaborative culture that values teamwork and inclusivity
- Demonstrated ability to build positive and wide-ranging working relationships with colleagues, including the ability to appropriately challenge and offer an alternative point of view
- Ability to interact with and navigate multiple levels and functional areas within a large organization
- Ability to provide practical guidance to assist business and corporate partners in implementing regulatory requirements
- Strong time management, prioritization, planning, and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn new areas of law
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Juris doctorate from an accredited university
- License to practice in work location
- 5 - 10 years of experience in the financial services or corporate department of a major law firm or the legal department of a financial services company, preferably both
- A strong understanding of regulatory law and supervision practices in the banking industry
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- $195,000 - $247,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.