Description:Who We Are: Schwazze (OTCQX: SHWZ| NEO: SHWZ) is building a premier, vertically integrated regional cannabis company with assets in Colorado and New Mexico. The parent company of a portfolio of leading cannabis businesses and brands spanning seed to sale, Schwazze is committed to unlocking the full potential of the cannabis plant to improve the human condition. Schwazze is anchored by a high performance culture that combines customer-centric thinking and data science to test, measure, and drive decisions and outcomes. Schwazze is passionate about making a difference in our communities, promoting diversity and inclusion, and doing our part to incorporate climate-conscious best practices.
For more information, please visit our website: www.schwazze.com
Job title: Real Estate & Contract Attorney
Reports to: General Counsel & Chief Government Affairs Officer
Salary Range: $130,000 – 150,000 DOE
Location: Denver Corporate Office, no remote available
In this position, the applicant will provide a wide range of support on real estate and contract matters to the business partners and company, including acting as lead counsel on specific real estate transactions. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Essential Responsibilities:
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating various agreements, leases, and contracts with a core focus in real estate consideration and execution.
- Responsible for assisting with and overseeing lease and contract abstracts for all ongoing projects.
- Familiarity and comfortability advising executives and working alongside employees in connection with leasing, lease acquisitions, amendments, extensions, and more.
- Confidence with overseeing and providing assistance with real estate and contracts due diligence matters in connection with acquisitions to our Mergers & Acquisitions team.
- Ability to develop best practices regarding real estate and contracts management and, to that end, assist with improvement of current contracts management system.
- Responsible for advising and training internal departments on real estate and contractual issues.
- Identifying and assessing potential legal risks arising from proposed real estate and contractual requirements and helping limit the companies exposure to regulatory penalties.
In coordination with and oversight from the General Counsel:
- Provides contractual review of all Company contracts including Master Service Agreements, corporate contracts, marketing agreements
- Develop, assess and negotiate contracts on non-disclosure, consulting, service, consignments, terms and conditions and commercial documents for business units in many areas.
- Supports in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, systems, and related initiatives, ensuring Schwazze's adherence to local, state and federal compliance guidelines.
- Works with General Counsel in providing comprehensive legal advice, representation, and oversight on a wide range of legal matters affecting Schwazze and its entities.
- Performs other duties and tasks as required by the needs of the business.
General Requirements and Job Details:
- Must be able to work seated at a computer for up to eight hours per day
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States Experience:
- Law firm or in-house legal: 3 - 5years (Required)
- Juris Doctor Degree from an accredited law school with a rank in the top 33% percent and current admission and member in good standing to Colorado bar required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience at a law firm or in-house legal department or combination with commercial/business client base.
- Strong legal drafting and oral communications skills.
- Excellent professional recommendations.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft® Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Prior experience successfully operating in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment.
- Project and time management skills with ability to multi-task and manage projects to closure.
- Proven ability to independently research and analyze issues and provide clear guidance to General Counsel.
- Meaningful full-time experience in drafting corporate contracts. License/Certification: • Juris Doctor Degree from accredited law firm (Preferred)
- Member in good standing with the Colorado Bar Association.
Schwazze is committed to fairness and equality of opportunity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.