NextEra Energy Resources is the world's largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun, and a world leader in battery storage. We provide energy-related products and services that grow our economy, protect the environment, support our communities and help customers meet their energy needs. We are leading the decarbonization of the U.S. economy with our goal to reach Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in creating a cleaner environment for future generations? Join our world-class, innovative team today.
Position Specific Description
Provide support for the following to developers and business managers on NextEra Energy Resource renewable projects;
Responsibilities include: preparing real estate agreements, reviewing documents for real estate acquisitions and dispositions, reviewing title documents and surveys, working on project finance and performing due diligence for mergers and acquisitions. Strong attention to detail, prioritization, multi-tasking, team work orientation, and problem solving skills.
We will consider newly licensed attorneys and attorneys with 0-3 years of experience for this role.
Employees in this job perform a variety of routine legal assignments and projects of varying (basic to moderate) complexity and deliver timely and quality legal services to clients with close supervision.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts legal research, drafts legal documents and assists more experienced attorneys in transactions
- Provides legal advice to business units, and prepares resolutions and forms
- Works to ensure budget compliance and avoids the need for outside counsel
- Ensures disclosure of potentially material legal issues to senior leadership
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Member in Good Standing of a State Bar
- High School Grad / GED
- Juris Doctorate
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience:1+ years