Description:Connell Foley LLP, a leading regional commercial law firm, is seeking an experienced Real Estate Associate for its Jersey City office. Qualified applicants must have 2-5 years of experience to work on Real Estate, Land Use and Corporate matters based out of the Jersey City office. Candidates must be admitted in New Jersey; New York admission is a plus. Work experience and references are required.
Qualified candidates should demonstrate knowledge in the following areas:
- Land Use Laws and Regulations;
- Redevelopment Laws and Regulations;
- Permitting and Approvals with Planning and Zoning Boards;
- Zoning Changes;
- Riparian and Condemnation Issues;
- Transactional Work;
- Construction and Acquisition Financing;
- Real Property Tax Appeals;
- Condominium Formation;
- Entity Formation and Financing;
- Contractual Negotiations;
- Corporate Governance;
- Succession Planning.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- JD from an ABA accredited law school with excellent academic credentials;
- Ability and desire to learn and embrace new skills and best practices as the position and substantive area evolves;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team;
- Ability to develop new relationships and foster teamwork at all levels;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving and oral and written communication skills.
Connell Foley LLP offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including profit sharing, 401(k), and medical and dental coverage.