Description:At Quotient we are transforming shopping to make life better. To do so, we are adding a business-minded, highly-collaborative attorney to our team. The Product and Privacy Counsel will advise on a wide variety of legal issues including product counseling, privacy and patents, all while working closely with Quotient's product, engineering, data analytics, and operations teams.
Quotient's legal team is small and nimble – we collaboratively partner together, support each other and our business, work with integrity, and bring our whole selves to work. There will be opportunities to work on commercial transactions, cross-functional working groups, and special projects. We are seeking someone who takes initiative and ownership, uses great judgment to balance the law with practical business realities, has strong communication skills, and is comfortable tackling new areas of law. Incumbent must also be curious to learn our products, adaptable to adjust and juggle in a fast-paced environment, and eager to build a deep understanding of our business and industry.
Preference for this position will be location based in either our Santa Clara, CA or Salt Lake City, UT office, however Cincinnati, OH and New York metro area will also be considered.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a trusted legal business partner to Quotient's product and engineering teams, advising on legal issues that touch our products, including consumer protection, advertising and media, IP, and privacy
- Advise and collaborate with the product, engineering, data analytics, marketing, sales, business development and other teams on IP protection
- Analyze and advise on proactive risk management and mitigation
- Establish privacy policies and terms to meet changing product offerings and legal landscape
- Provide trainings to legal team and internal clients on privacy issues
- Pitch in and help on special projects and other initiatives as needed
What You'll Bring
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in a law firm and/or in-house law department of a technology company advising clients in a full range of product and privacy matters from development to GTM; experience with digital marketing, media or ad tech companies preferred
- Knowledge and experience across the laws and regulations regarding privacy and data protection and security
- Aptitude or experience in working with product, data analytics, and engineering teams to advise on legal and regulatory aspects of product development and protection
- Experience in consumer protection, advertising and media, litigation, and/or competition law
- Working knowledge of IP laws, experience developing patent portfolios a plus
- Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to professionalism and collegiality
- Executive communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively present information to internal and external clients
- Fluency translating legal advice into actionable guidance for innovative product and business teams
- A curious and agile mind
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of legal matters
- Commercial transaction drafting and negotiation skills a plus
- Admitted to practice law in California, Ohio, New York, Utah, or eligible for inhouse counsel registration status. This role will be based in our Santa Clara or Salt Lake City office - Cincinnati and New York will also be considered.