Description:Are you a product-driven individual ready to work in the digital payments space? Are you a high caliber and energetic attorney with experience advising on new products and services and interpreting regulations governing payments, cross-border money movement and financial services more broadly? Are you interested in joining a globally diverse organization where our unique contributions are recognized and celebrated, allowing each of us to thrive? Then it's time to join Western Union as a Product Counsel.
Western Union powers your pursuit.
In this pivotal role, you will work closely and partner with leaders in the product organization and provide guidance as the product team develops, implements, and updates Western Union's product offerings.
- Provide end-to-end legal advice throughout the product lifecycle.
- Facilitate collaboration with business conflict or differing opinions arise.
- Strong interest and/or experience in e-money, wallets, ecosystems, digital assets, mobile and alternative payments, emerging payments technology and the payments industry.
- Provide timely, concise and business-focused legal advice on payments law; consumer protection laws; and new rules, enforcement actions and other guidance coming out of agencies such as CFPB and the FTC.
- Provide legal and regulatory guidance on the design and modification of products, proactively identify associated risks and recommend mitigation strategies, review product user experiences to ensure legal compliance and proper disclosures and help document guidance for consumption by members of both the legal and product teams.
- At least 6 plus years of experience practicing either in-house or at a reputable law firm, with at least 3 years focused on payment law, FinTech, or the digital assets and blockchain space.
- A Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA-accredited school of law and will be admitted to and in good standing with at least one U.S. state bar.
- Experience negotiating complex commercial deals in the technology or financial services space and/or working with strategic partners to launch new product experiences.
- Knowledge with identifying and counseling on risks arising from new products and features and developing risk mitigation strategies.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to tolerate change and ambiguity.
- Ability and drive to take ownership of projects and tasks which, in many cases, will be matters of first impression.
- Comfortable with gray areas and interpreting and applying the law in unsettled contexts.
- Confident self-starter with strong interpersonal and organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively and proactively provide sound legal advice, exercise good business judgement, work well with other attorneys, senior management and cross functional stakeholders, and implement policies and processes.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and ability to work both in teams and independently.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, with effective resolution of conflicting priorities.
We make financial services accessible to humans everywhere. Join us for what's next.Western Union is positioned to become the world's most accessible financial services company —transforming lives and communities. We're a diverse and passionate customer-centric team of over 8,000 employees serving 200 countries and territories, reaching customers and receivers around the globe. More than moving money, we design easy-to-use products and services for our digital and physical financial ecosystem that help our customers move forward.
Just as we help our global customers prosper, we support our employees in achieving their professional aspirations. You'll have plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and build a career, as well as receive a great compensation package. If you're ready to help drive the future of financial services, it's time for Western Union. Learn more about our purpose and people at https://careers.westernunion.com/.
The salary range is $155,037.63 – $200,000USD per year, which includes a base salary and short-term and long-term incentives that align with individual and company performance. Actual salaries will vary based on candidates' qualifications, skills, and competencies.
- You will also have access to short-term incentives, multiple health insurance options, accident and life insurance, and access to best-in-class development platforms, to name a few
- (https://careers.westernunion.com/global-benefits/). Please see the location-specific benefits below and note that your Recruiter may share additional role-specific benefits during your interview process or in an offer of employment.
Your United States specific benefits include:
- Family First Program
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Parental Leave
We are passionate about diversity. Our commitment is to provide an inclusive culture that celebrates the unique backgrounds and perspectives of our global teams while reflecting the communities we serve. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, political affiliation, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or veteran status. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including those with disabilities, during the recruitment process, following applicable laws.