Databricks is seeking a Privacy Legal Counsel to help the Databricks legal team navigate rapidly evolving global privacy laws and regulations. You will initially report to the Managing Legal Director of Product and Privacy and work closely with the Legal Director of Privacy in building out our privacy team. As a member of the Privacy team, you will provide legal counsel to several business partners as well as help support the privacy compliance program for Databricks.
The impact you will have:
- Counsel and advise commercial team on data protection related provisions in commercial contracts, including updating templates for and negotiating data processing addendums and business associate agreements.
- Partner with marketing, sales, go-to-market and procurement teams to assess potential privacy and security risks and regulatory requirements, including lead generation and marketing outreach activities, developing and providing training.
- Support privacy program compliance, including data subject rights requests, data inventory, privacy by design, and help operate and improve the effectiveness of critical privacy compliance processes
- Facilitate Privacy by Design by working with key business stakeholders to complete Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) and performing the initial review of completed PIAs and Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) for new processing activities, IT changes, projects, and data ingests
- Draft external privacy notices and disclosures, and manage/update internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with global privacy laws
- Research and evaluate the applicability and impact of global privacy laws, legislation and regulatory guidance on new business initiatives and processes.
What we look for:
- 3 or more years of substantive legal experience, preferably both in-house and at a law firm, with experience supporting privacy, SaaS, marketing and/or technology
- Deep understanding of cloud and software technology, and a strong desire to work on legal issues in these areas
- Experience working for a company offering platform services to business customers is a plus
- State bar membership required
- Ability to prioritize and manage time, and client expectations, in the face of competing demands, often without direct guidance as we scale our rapidly expanding business
- Comfortable working with distributed teams
- Ability to exercise good judgment in raising issues and when collaborating with others
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including concise contract redlining