Description:Come join the #1 intellectual property firm in the country as a patent litigation associate following the completion of your judicial clerkship. At Fish, we promote a creative, respectful and inclusive culture that values the diversity of people and allows ingenuity to thrive. You will stretch your skills in high-stakes litigations that call upon technical knowledge and sophisticated legal strategy. You will be a respected teammate, joining an elite group of attorneys solving intellectual property issues for the world's leading companies.
This position is for judicial clerks looking to join Fish immediately following the completion of their clerkship. Candidate consideration generally begins in the fall and continues through the spring. We understand that judges' policies differ on when their clerks can apply and interview with law firms, so we accept applications throughout the year. Please confirm with your judge prior to applying. We do not accept search firm submissions for judicial clerks.
If you have a passion for science, engineering and intellectual property, we want to hear from you.
Who You Are:
- You have a strong background in science, engineering, mathematics or closely related field, preferably Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, or advanced degree in life science.
- You have 2+ years of patent litigation experience.
- You have an active membership in the state bar and compliance with CLE requirements.
- You have superior writing skills and excellent academic credentials.
- You thrive when using your analytical skills to conduct complex and detailed analysis of legal matters.
- You enjoy communicating with a diverse group of clients, attorneys, and staff.
- You are enthusiastic about working within a team-oriented environment and will contribute to effective team relationships.
The salary for this position is $225,000 - $370,000. The salary offered will depend upon qualifications and experience, and will be adjusted for flex-time schedules. Fish recognizes the unique experience and perspective gained while clerking and provides credit for compensation and seniority purposes. We also pay a competitive bonus to incoming clerks.
- A flexible hybrid work environment.
- Annual Technology Allowance.
- A family-friendly atmosphere with back-up childcare, as well as health and wellness initiatives.
- Competitive pay with a rich benefits package, including comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage.