About the job
Nichols Law is currently seeking a plaintiff-side employment attorney with at least 5 years of experience for a full-time role. We are an employment law firm helping primarily employees as they navigate issues with their employers. We are passionate about closing the wage gap and helping whistleblowers.
You will work with the team to proactively resolve disputes for our clients and will obtain career-building experience with potential for advancement and growth.
We’re committed to ensuring that employees work to live and don’t live to work, and we are dedicated to creating an environment where employees are valued for their contributions and perspectives. Results are rewarded through a bonus plan. The firm provides a flexible approach to remote work from home or in person at the office, with a minimum of 2 days in the office.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent brief writing and communication skills, have significant experience negotiating, be tech savvy and be able to take initiative, maintain composure and a sense of humor.
- Executing client work with quality and efficiency, as directed by supervising attorney(s)
- Communicating with clients and opposing counsel via email, phone, and in-person
- Engaging in negotiations and mediations
- Drafting, reviewing and researching briefs
- Conducting depositions and court appearances
- Other duties as assigned
- J.D. degree
- Member of the CA state bar
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Comfortable with computers and software such as Outlook and Microsoft Office
- Strong technical and strategic aptitude
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to independently manage own workload and meet deadlines
Our firm is an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or military or veteran status. Our core firm values are integrity, being proactive, collaboration, flexibility and compassion.
To inquire, learn more about this opportunity or to apply, please contact us.
Please send the reasons you are interested in the role, your resume, writing sample, list of references and salary expectations.