Do you want a job where you can show up and make a difference in the world every single day? Are you ready to join a dynamic, mission-driven company?
At ALIL we are dedicated to changing the lives of the immigrant community through zealous advocacy, finding creative solutions and aggressive legal strategies.
Apply today to join our team and become a part of our mission!
About the Role:
The ideal candidate for this position has knowledge of human anatomy, standard medical terms, and even physics can be helpful to a personal injury attorney. They will frequently have to collaborate with, and take depositions from, medical professionals or reconstruct the details of an accident that caused an injury. Knowledge of insurance and liability laws relating to the attorney’s area of specialization is also critical. Skills common to most attorney positions such as written and verbal communication, research, and negotiation
It is expected that the ideal candidate assists clients with claims regarding injuries they sustain due to the negligence of others. These claims can include direct injuries from assault and battery, automobile accidents, defective or malfunctioning products, negligent conditions on someone else’s property (such as slipping and falling), slander, libel and defamation, or medical malpractice.
Who You Are:
Bilingual – English and Spanish (Must be Fluent in both) **
Must have Law Degree and have excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines. Good data analysis, problem-solving and critical thinking skills. Proven experience in the following areas:
- Willingness to meet personally with clients
- Ability to handle a high caseload
- Admittance to the bar requirements in the region of jurisdiction
- Experience or expertise in a specific branch of law
- Commitment to abiding by the set laws and behaving ethically
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Adaptability and attention to detail
- Ability to work on a case independently
- Ability to work with a team of attorneys to develop strategies for a case
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbally effectively
You’ll be joining a dynamic team and organization helping clients within Alexandra Lozano Immigration Law by providing a great experience, creating high-quality content, and driving meaningful cultural impact. We are creative and mission driven, Latinx first, open to risk-taking, and having fun.
- Providing legal support and guidance
- Advising clients on the best behavior while charges are pending, including confiding in family and friends and social media use
- Meeting with clients at the remand or an office to critically discuss the pending charges and strategize on how best to defend
- Finding ethical solutions to legal matters
- Communicating with clients to understand their legal concerns and needs to help provide them with essential pieces of advice
- Strategizing on how to resolve the clients’ cases in a favorable and cost-effective manner
- Enlightening clients about legal options and making them know the possible outcomes or threats
- Developing ideal arguments and representing clients in civil and criminal legal proceedings
- Staying informed about any current legislation
- Building trustworthy relationships with clients
- Preparing legal documents such as dispositions, pleadings, and contracts in a timely and accurate manner
- Assisting clients with the execution of agreements such as plea bargains with the regional attorney’s office
- Collecting retainers from clients and executing contracts
- Medical (100% employer paid) for employee and any qualified dependents
- Long Term Disability
- Additional Supplementals
- PTO & Sick leave
- LA Fitness Membership
- Life Insurance of $50,000
- Employee Appreciation events
- Unlimited snacks and drinks in office
- Lunch catered every Friday
- 401(k)--matched up to 6% by the Alexandra Lozano Immigration Law
Who We Are:
Alexandra Lozano Immigration Law specializes in Immigration and Personal Injury Law our headquarters is based out of Seattle (Tukwila), WA with additional locations in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Antonio, and Houston. The law firm has been around since 2014. We have received the following recognition and awards, AILA San Williamson Mentor, Woman of Inspiration award, Pudget Sound Business Journal’s 40 under 40 and Inc 5000.
- Our firm employs passionate and highly driven individuals who have a great desire to change lives
- We are a client-focused and result-oriented law firm
- Providing excellent Customer service and results are our highest priority
- We take pride in changing many lives despite the challenges posed in the current immigration system
- Treating our clients with up most respect and dignity as they are the heartbeat of our law firm.
- We have high expectation for ALIL values and vision and expectation for our staff
- Teamwork is highly expected for all staff (we are one)
- Each staff member has a defined role and purpose for ALIL
- ALIL focus is on humanitarian immigration - 360 VAWA, U Visa, and T Visa as well as post-deportation options