Description:JJLEGAL.com INJURY LAWYERS is a national law firm that is growing, fast! JJLEGAL is presenting a unique opportunity for the right candidate to join as a Associate Attorney helping personal injury victims, by negotiating and litigating personal injury cases. This candidate will be essential in handling these claims from start to finish, with minimal oversight from a senior attorney, and requires the ability to coordinate/work remotely with members of the Firm located in other locations.
Primarily responsible for the management of all aspects of personal injury cases from inception through close of case.
- Negotiating and settling cases in the pre-litigation stage.
- Review policies, claims and other records.
- Prepare, write and argue legal documents.
- Manage docket of cases according to office policy.
- Oversees and directs discovery including medical record reviews & assessments.
- Manages/oversees legal staff (paralegals/case managers) who are actively working on the assigned caseload.
- Assesses and monitors deadlines and Statutes of Limitations in cases to ensure timely progress and resolution of cases.
- Minimum 2-5 years experience managing personal injury (primarily motor vehicle) cases, including all phases of litigation.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA).
- Current Law license in states of Illinois and Missouri required
- Ability to travel (infrequently).