Lewis Brisbois offers legal practice in more than 40 specialties, and a multitude of sub-specialties. Our attorneys have broad knowledge, experience, and sensitivity to our clients' unique needs. Through interaction among our practice groups, Lewis Brisbois provides a wide range of legal services to each client with a continuity of representation across multiple disciplines. We have built longstanding relationships with corporate and institutional clients based on our ability to provide comprehensive service on a national scale.
With over 50 offices across the nation, our attorneys reflect the communities in which they live. Lewis Brisbois' culture has fostered a diverse group of professionals committed to promoting the best interests of our clients, our communities, and the legal profession. We support diversity in communities across the nation through new and ongoing relationships with minority and women-owned businesses.
We offer competitive compensation and in addition, Lewis Brisbois offers a range of benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401k with employer contribution, PTO for eligible classifications and a bonus for those who exceed their minimum hourly requirements. We also offer excellent opportunities for growth and advancement while working with a collaborate team.
The Litigation group is seeking an attorney with four (4) to eight (8) years of personal injury experience to join the New York office.
- At least four (4) years of experience in some or all of the following substantive areas:
- Insurance Defense experience (knows carrier guidelines compliance, billing and reporting), has taken and defended in excess of 25 depositions, has experience drafting summary judgment motions, has handled court conferences
- New York Labor Law experience is a plus specifically with New York Labor Law Construction accident claims (working knowledge of NY: sections 200, 240(1) and 241(6) as well as NYS Industrial Code sections.
- Experience in managing a litigation caseload
- Experience drafting legal documents, such as briefs, motions and discovery requests
- Experience conducting research on legal issues associated with the case
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Strong communication skills, including communicating with clients, team and partners and providing timely reporting and appearing in court
- Must be admitted to practice in New York
- The annual billable requirement for this position is 1,950 hours
- USD $115,000.00/Yr.
- USD $150,000.00/Yr.